Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical MUNRO 4-71 Small Block Chevy blower manifold?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Hardly Davidson, Aug 4, 2021.

1. I need one of those MUNRO Australian 4-71 blower manifolds for a SBC. Anyone know if they're still in production and where to get? Mooneyham does not have any.

-Brent- likes this.
  2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

This HAMBer could be the one as he produced a flathead blower intake with 'Munro' casting. He was last online on Jun 14, 2021.
    upload_2021-8-5_9-14-32.png

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    Deuces likes this.
  3. Thanks! I'll see if he has such.

Deuces and mgtstumpy like this.
  4. Harv

Harv
    from Sydney

5. OzyRodder

OzyRodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. Harv

Harv
    from Sydney

Looks like the same unit, just without the MUNRO name cast into it. Beautiful looking product.

Cheers,
    Harv

7. Thanks so much! Just sent Keith Sutton (Oldtimespeed) a message asking if they're being made. Jeff Gaynor at Mooneyham is waiting for several. Jerry Hopkins in Texas told me the same. Trying to get my 1950 Chevrolet pickup together before "Run to the Sun" here in Lake Havasu City. That's in October. I need this manifold for the 1/4" less height over a 6-71 with adapter. I'll keep everyone posted on what I find. Cheers!

Deuces likes this.
  8. I had one on order from Mooneyham. He's still waiting like Jerry Hopkins in Texas. Supposedly they've been shipped.

Deuces likes this.
  9. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Gaynor works at mooneyham? Jeez. Must be a different Jeff Gaynor.:)

Deuces likes this.
  10. Great news! Keith Sutton in Australia e-mailed and said he has a batch of SBC 4-71 manifolds about ready to ship out. Jerry Hopkins will be getting some as well as Roadster Supply Company in Los Angeles. Long live the mighty 4-71 :)

11. According to the Mooneyham website Jeff's the new owner.

lippy and Deuces like this.
  12. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

13. Finally got it and well worth the wait. Thank you Ray at Roadster Supply. Awesome craftmanship on this piece! 102_7546.JPG

14. Love my "Munro". Gave me the extra clearance needed to fit everything including scoop under hood. BDS low profile thermostat housing is a must. There was a day when I could yard a 6-71 off an engine by myself. Those days are gone. Handles I made were worth the time.

Desoto291Hemi likes this.