Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest The "Good Times" thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Baumi, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow!!...Congrats to you All it seems...Hotrods/Customs and Kiddies...;)

I'll not forget these good times we had...ever...I look forward to the opportunity to meet again...

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    Baumi and loudbang like this.
  2. Nachträglich noch alles Gute, Baumi!

Stogy and Baumi like this.
  3. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

@Baumi is to be given thanks for creating a fun thread. Photos make it seem like nothing is going on except for some fun. Despite the fact that when the thread started, the world wide pandemic was in its full force with a wall of incidents from all over the world. Now, almost a year and a half later, we are still feeling the assault on all of us. It is still going on even though in our region, someone jumped the gun and started easing up on the restrictions, so we are seeing a surge, again.

But, through all of this craziness, we still are in a pandemic mode and restrictions are still being followed. This thread started by Baumi gave all of us some time to reflect and see the fun we once had.

As a thing to help my brother get back to his normal life after the drag racing life, he resumed surfing and racing desert motorcycles. One door was closing and another opened up for full explorations. That was all good, especially for me. I liked those two things, too. But, most of my friends did not. Sure they liked to go to the beach and if a bunch of friends went to the beach specifically to surf, then more power to that fun beach adventure.

It was important to me to help my brother as we were seeing a little angst and disillusionment from the effects of the fire. He had gone back to college and wanted to still remain active in the desert motorcycle scene and of course, our surfing road trips. He even bought a funky Jeep FC to allow him to travel “where no one else can go…” That was short lived, but at least he had fun, thinking he could, just because it was a 4 wheel drive Jeep.

Jnaki

But throughout it all, he remained steady, went racing out in the desert, surfed everywhere possible and loved going to Mexico. He and his friends even went on a 24 hour road trip to Mazatlan, Mexico because there were some reports of great waves all along that mainland Mexico shoreline.

Throughout all of the recovery time, he developed a great sense of being, of living life to its fullest, (having come so close to the end.) and getting along with others. He no longer had the sense of something robbed him of three plus years of his life and style of living. We no longer were involved in drag racing, but had a great activity and friends to share the ocean with anytime.
    upload_2021-8-2_3-54-11.png
    Jnaki photo by James N. San Miguel, Baja 1962

We were secretive in our surf spots in Baja California, Mexico, but over time and the insistence of bringing some other friends along on our long road trips inspired us to share…up to a point. We still wanted to ride the great waves alone and meet the challenges that nature offered us each time.
    upload_2021-8-2_3-55-2.png surfing Mexico, James Nak
    But, it all sums it up with friendships, happy faces and a great crew from Long Beach. (plus 1 from Seal Beach)
    upload_2021-8-2_3-55-48.png photo by Leo H.

Stogy, 40two, Baumi and 3 others like this.
  4. 20170112_132747.jpg 20170523_071326.jpg 20171013_175214.jpg 20171022_101535_001.jpg 20171014_103159.jpg 036.jpg 110.jpg 153.jpg 268.jpg 589.jpg 278.jpg 155.jpeg 256.jpg Hot Rods are all about GoodTimes:)!

Stogy, VANDENPLAS, Baumi and 2 others like this.
  5. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

And the hard luck award goes too... 334.jpg

Stogy, VANDENPLAS and Baumi like this.
  6. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Are you saying this is the aftermath of a wheelstand? holy moly...

Stogy and ramblin dan like this.
  7. My ol' 55 in the background.
    PJ.JPG

Stogy and VANDENPLAS like this.
  8. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Nope. While crossing the border between the States to Canada a good friend of ours was struck on the bridge. Don't know the details as he didn't want to talk too much about it but he wanted to have a few stiff drinks when he caught up with us. 336.jpg

Stogy and VANDENPLAS like this.