Register now to get rid of these ads!

Doc.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 2, 2021.

1. NoSurf

NoSurf

So sorry to hear. I only knew him thru here. He was one of those guys that makes this place great.

2. RIP Sir....

41 GMC K-18 and Lil32 like this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for this thread, and to those that have shared their personal stories - sincere sympathy goes out to his immediate Family, friends and colleagues - plus, to his H.A.M.B. Family

41 GMC K-18, Lil32 and chevy57dude like this.
  4. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

This really makes me sad to read. I was fortunate to meet Doc at the Lonestar Roundup a number of years ago.
    For any of his friends and family that may read this, I send my condolences and I'm very sorry that cancer is what ultimately took him from your lives.

5. Like many have said here, I didn't know Doc either. But, he sounds like the kind of guy you would want for an uncle, friend or next door neighbor. People like him are becoming a rare breed in this mixed up world we live in today.
    So sorry to hear of his passing. My deepest condolences to his family and dear friends (@Ryan). He will be missed by many.
    Vaya con Dios Doc..........E

6. Could someone post a pic of Doc? I didn't know him but it's important that we don't stay anonymous, especially in death.

7. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

It’s amazing how many unassuming great people on the hamb.
    Standing in the shadows with nothing but love for the next fellow who requires it. Doc… one of the greats. A good example for all of us.
    For those close to him my deepest condolences.

8. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Man, I hate these threads. Seems we've had a lot of them lately.

RIP to Doc., he'll sure be missed

9. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

F Cancer. RIP. Doc

10. Sounds like we lost a good one. God Bless!

11. -Brent-

-Brent-

My sincerest condolences to those who loved him.

12. williebill

williebill

Hated opening this thread. So sorry to read this. I knew from his posts that he was a special, special guy. The world needs more Docs. RIP to a good man.

13. pitman

pitman

My god!
    Remember when we all anti-ed in for HAMB Andy's 2-door?
    And how Doc. Stepped up to the plate, big-time.
    Generous to a fault!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  14. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Been trying to find a pic or so when i met him and saw him at many of the early Round Ups.....
    no luck yet....
    Man. this is really bothering me.He certainly was a patron of many of the Hamb older Friday Art show regulars.He was always buying Norms hand carved skulls and was very concerned about Norm before his tragic passing..Doc was a such a fine man.

15. I only knew Doc from his posts on the H.A.M.B., but he seemed a very honest, caring and generous man.
    R.I.P.

Mick

16. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As I never had the opportunity to meet or know Doc, I agree 100% that threads like this should be honored with a photo and a link to his profile so we can catch up with those we were not fortunate enough to meet in real life.

Thanks for everyone you helped, Doc: in the operating room or in the garage.

41 GMC K-18, pitman and Lil32 like this.
  17. Flop

Flop

Gonna miss ya buddy .

41 GMC K-18, pitman, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  18. wicarnut

wicarnut

RIP, Thoughts and Prayers for family and friends.

41 GMC K-18, Lil32 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  19. Paul

Paul
    Editor

A HAMB legend for sure.
    We can all learn from his example.
    Condolences to all that knew and loved him.

20. AHotRod

AHotRod

When my wife and I lost our oldest Son Cody in a car crash in January '08, Doc was one of hundreds that reached out with comfort.
    I lost my Son Cody and my HAMB family needs to hear my thoughts | The H.A.M.B. (jalopyjournal.com)

"I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. As a father, I can only imagine the pain that you are going through. I'm praying for you and your family.

Doc."

He went even further in a donation to help us. I never have forgot everyone's kindness and prayers in one of my darkest times.
    For those of us that have been here for 20 years now, this is truly a family.

In August of 2019, we sadly lost our 2nd oldest Son Cort at the age of 36.

Doc and God Blessed and Prayed for many folks, and we are grateful to have known him through our HAMB family.

God Bless you Doc.
    Glenn & Jennifer Hayes

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I’m on a bit of an expedition at the moment and have spotty internet. In fact, I can only hear part of the voicemail mark left me and can’t read many of the replies here. But I have a sinking feeling I forgot something or someone in my post. If I did, please forgive… or maybe I’m just stressing out as it’s super important to me that mark and doc’s family realize what doc meant to this joint.

22. Such a great man. God must be proud.
    RIP, Doc.

Ben

41 GMC K-18, Lil32 and AHotRod like this.
  23. seatex

seatex

God Speed, Doc. Go drive the wheels off of that Zephyr......................

41 GMC K-18, Lil32 and AHotRod like this.
  24. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Oh man, Doc was awesome. Such a kind and generous human. And always so easy to talk to. This is a gut punch. Godspeed, Doc. Take good care of H.A.M.B.Andy.

41 GMC K-18, pitman, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  25. Bummed to hear this. RIP

26. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh,man.That´s bad news. RIP Doc.

27. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

RIP Doc

28. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Never met Doc. but always enjoyed his posts and point of view. It doesn't surprise me that he had kindness and gereosity in abundance as most of the medical types I know have that same trait. That's why they go into that line of work. Great stories have been told about the man, wished I had met him.

It seems that these announcements are being posted way too frequently and the realization that time is speeding up and I'm only 65 gets me in a down mood. I guess we all should try to emulate Doc. and others like him. I've met a lot of great people in my life but I can count on one hand the number of "true gentlemen" as Jeff mentioned.

Thanks for letting us know @Ryan.