Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMBers you would enjoy meeting in person.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Nov 29, 2020.

1. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

everyone who contributed/helped with my build thread . 38 chevee

2. Back up. Who would you enjoy meeting?

loudbang and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  3. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

Glad to see that this thread is still going; thinking about it, I would love to meet a lot of other guys too, especially Loudbang from the right coast.

4. ................Same here.:)

5. AGELE55

AGELE55

Lots of “influential characters” on here...lol
    Ya know, when I was on Facecrook , if you planned a gathering, there was an option to check ; “Going”, “Maybe”, or “Not Going”, so you could see who’s gonna show up on your doorstep.
    Maybe the HAMB should have an events area, where you can select these options? That way you could stop and say hey, or tag up at these events.

6. Got to talk to several of my longtime HAMBer friends a week ago at the KKOA Lead Sled Spectacular in Salina. But, I’m always up to meeting new HAMBers about anywhere I travel. Finally met Flat Top Bob this year after having multiple friends in common for years.

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

You met the Mayor of Wellington.

8. Yep, even got to sign the door. Saw your signature on there too as well as a few HAMBers who are no longer with us.

9. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

I got to meet Lloyd and his wife and Enlo at the hot rod reunion. Great folks. I met one other guy and we are gonna meet up at Tri fives.

10. Roothawg

Roothawg

I signed that a long time ago. I kinda forgot about it. I have known Bob and Linda for going on 20 years now. Great folks.

11. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm a MUCH cooler guy on the internet than I am in person...meeting me would only lead to disappointment :(

12. catdad49

catdad49

13. AGELE55

AGELE55

Where’s Tri fives happening?

14. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

Bowling green ky next week

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  15. I probably should not bring this up on this "Mutual Admiration Society" thread. But there have been more then a few HAMBers over the years that I really wanted to meet. Fortunately for all involved I got good friends that kept me from doing that. LOL
    devilish.png

Truth is that at least 99% of the people who I normally see posting are people who I would enjoy meeting. We have common interests and from what I see on the forum they are all pretty cool fellas.

16. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I got to meet @Roothawg at the Custom car revival in June, nice guy....

17. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Hmm, I’d like to meet @J.Ukrop @Runnin shine and a few other familiar names. After 20+ years and probably hundreds of hamb members met I’ve maybe met two that I’d consider shit heads. But they’d still do you a favor anyways

pretty high batting average I’d say

18. Thanks for not calling me out as one of the “two” Tim. :oops:

19. Roothawg

Roothawg

And I got to meet @Moriarity , also a nice guy.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  20. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@guthriesmith i don’t need to tell anyone who the shitheads are in person. We all know already lol

21. AGELE55

AGELE55

Damn... I’m working daily to get the 55 back to cross country status....but next week just ain’t gonna happen. o_O

22. C'mon guys and gals. Who would you like to meet in person, enjoy a burger and beer with or just spend an afternoon bench racing and comparing notes on your favorite hot rods or customs.? Don't be shy. Pictures are a plus.......Thanks for posting, Don.:)

23. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Since my last response I’ve met Blues4U. He plays a mean blues guitar. I could mention others I’ve known for years but would rather mention those I’ve met from being on the HAMB…

24. Any of them that wanna hang out with a cool, middle aged, hot rod guy :D

25. I met Mark & his lovely wife several years ago, don't get to see them to often but Mark and I have become good friends.

I have met many hambers and I have enjoyed meeting them all. HRP

26. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I think I'd rather meet and hang out with just about any of you guys over most other people in this screwy world.

I would definitely appreciate the opportunity to meet @HOTRODPRIMER (Danny). Just to thank him in person and show my gratitude for rallying support for me when I needed it a few years back. He stepped up as if by instinct. Without even thinking about it. As if motivated by some higher power or something... :)
    I'd like to treat him. You know, buy him lunch, a beer or two. Maybe mow his lawn. Borrow his car... heeheeheeheehee...
    Same goes for a few others here who kinda stuck with me for quite a while and made sure I was okay. I had almost no support otherwise, so it was important. I'd like to borrow their cars, too.

I did meet @terry54999 (Terry) a few days ago. He was good enough to lug my 2 grill shells back to Michigan from Hershey. I finally stopped by his place to pick them up. Great guy. Showed me around, made me feel welcome. Shoot the shit, a few jokes. Instant friends. Thanks, Terry!

It's mostly just Judy and me out here on this 40 acre farm. And the horses, dogs, cats, deer. There's a pond to swim in. Huge house. Indoor swimming pool, steam room. Extra bedrooms.
    And both Judy and I know how to cook real good.
    We're in the middle of the thumb of Michigan. East of Imlay City a few miles. About halfway between Flint and Port Huron.
    Any of you ever feel like stopping by, don't even think twice. Send me a message.
    If a group of you would like to come out, let me know.
    I'm absolutely serious. Tear up the fields all you want. If you do a good enough job, I won't have to plow. Hahahahahaha

27. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

im also too ugly..stay away...

lothiandon1940 and Rickybop like this.
  28. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your beauty emanates from within.
    You have a great personality.
    You sure can cook.
    Whatever...