Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kustom Fabrication

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 51Gringo, Jul 26, 2006.

1. 51Gringo

51Gringo
    from Nor Cal

Hey fellow hotrodders, just wanted to post and say 'sup'. New to the HAMB..but have been around it over the years. We have a shop in Redding, California, were Kustoms, Hotrods, Trucks, and Racecars are built, sweated, and bled on to achieve utter perfection in the metal work, stainless work, and what ever else that needs chopping, welding, metal finishing, polishing, etc...for your project. Precision Tig welding, and innovative fabrication skills, plus, no job too big or small. We make everything kustom and do it right the first time!!!! Competitive rates and Satisfaction everytime! We have a full arsonal of the finest metal working equipment and machining available and know how to use it. Let me know if I can help with that project, like chopping all that stainless around your windows on your Merc or Shoebox, and make it look like it never happened, sure its only .014" thick, but, thats okay, thats what makes it fun!
    SINcerly, 51Gringo
    [email protected]

2. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Welcome to the HAMB.Your Merc is a very good looking car and lots of pics have been posted on here many times before whenever there was talk regarding Kustoms.Do you mind telling me the overall length of the Packard side trim ? Thanks.

[​IMG]

3. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

That mercury rules.

4. 51Gringo

51Gringo
    from Nor Cal

Thanks, the Packard trim is actaully the stock lenght only I had to cut it short and cap it to the end of the fender, then weld the two peices together, make the angled cap longer to get it to go past the fender when the door opened, (that was tight). She stops about 1/32" from hitting the door when fully opened. If you need the actual length, (If you don't have the trim already) I'll get it for you.

5. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Thanks ! I can imagine there was some tricky work required to make it fit and you did very well like the rest of the car.Yes,I was talking about the actual length.I maybe would like to use that trim for my car too (if I find some...) and just wanted to get an idea of its dimensions to see where else it could be mounted.And while you already have the tape measure in your hands,please measure the height of the front window/opening as well.Would be greatly appreciated,thank you !

6. 51Gringo

51Gringo
    from Nor Cal

The trim is 80.75" long, and the windshield is 12.125", the top was chopped 4.625".

7. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Muchas gracias Gringo !

8. johnboyrox

johnboyrox
    from Ottawa, KS

Welcome, The car looks great