Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration summer time!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tb33anda3rd, Aug 1, 2021.

1. thumbnail-5.jpeg thumbnail-8.jpeg thumbnail-2.jpeg thumbnail-3.jpeg thumbnail-1.jpeg power/flower parking.

Stogy, Flat Roy, Tim and 25 others like this.
  2. colors of summer thumbnail-6.jpeg thumbnail-7.jpeg thumbnail.jpeg

Stogy, Flat Roy, loudbang and 23 others like this.
  3. Notice how the RED looks good against the green paint.:rolleyes:
    :p

Stogy, loudbang, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
  4. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

ACHOO!

Very nice

Stogy, loudbang, Deuces and 5 others like this.

5. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It would look good without the flowers:) Those old Chevies had style.

Stogy, loudbang, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  6. goldmountain

goldmountain

Is that what you call a garden find ?

Stogy, loudbang, blowby and 5 others like this.
  7. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

Petal to the metal:)

Stogy, loudbang, blowby and 6 others like this.
  8. hah...no;)

god bless... and thanks

9. yep!

:)

clever

10. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Big time flowers going on there Ted. Looking great.

11. 99FC2171-D56C-4200-9C20-4ACEFAD48567.gif

I can smell this picture !!!!

killer car .

Did you actually park right in grandmas flower bed ?

Stogy, loudbang and Deuces like this.
  12. And the livin' is easy. HRP

[​IMG]

Stogy, loudbang, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  13. swifty

swifty

How many flowers were killed in the making of those pictures LOL??

Beautiful display Ted and I'm betting that you had no input in the end result.
    Full credit to the gardener.
    Now get that old Chev out of there so we can see the beautiful flowers LOL

14. thanks, picture was taking at my friends nursery .

thanks, we moved a few Potts around to make room for the car.

I like it!

15. hah great to see you reply!!!!
    no flowers were killed, my buddy is a master gardener . he is also a car guy and has a collections of cars. his hobby is old cars, and is a gardener for a living. my hobby is gardening and fool with old cars as a living. needless to say we get along great.

Stogy, loudbang, Tim and 3 others like this.
  16. Deuces

Deuces

I'd pull this one out of the weeds and get it running again.....:)

Stogy, tb33anda3rd and loudbang like this.
  17. Deuces

Deuces

Dig them groovy colors man!!!....:cool::D:cool:

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Planed parking or parking brake failure? :rolleyes:

19. I was thinking the same thing.

my favorite shot is the one out the window. lots of color

they had left just enough room to get in the door of the garage to squeeze the car in.
    they have a lot of plants.

Stogy likes this.
  20. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Living the dream .Stopping to smell the flowers..

Stogy and tb33anda3rd like this.
  21. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-8-2_4-16-51.png
    A nice view from the park and downhill drive to Coast Highway.

Hello,

Summer is almost over and the kids are already filtering back into their on campus/online school for the fall semester. It is/was a full summer of limited activities despite the pandemic. My wife and I started the summer with a short coastal drive and "pandemic mellowing out" cruise in June. This time, it was a great lunch, sunny skies again and blue water as far as we could see. Catalina was/is 40 plus miles away and it looked as if it was just a stone's throw away.

Nice photos of that coupe and colorful friends. You have a nice colorful array of flowers. It looks like a mixed medley of seeds just exploded with the recent wet weather… nice contrast with the coupe and flower background. Out West, we have flowers, but our garden is mostly low maintenance, low water succulents and plants. We have a water shortage going on for over 80 years, since importing water into this Mediterranean dry desert locale, despite being near the ocean.

We spent a quiet moment, (again with a nice lunch,) sitting in this little park outlet a few days ago. (In addition to June 2021 pandemic getaway, coastal cruise and photos) The official name is Palisades Gazebo Park. It is at the top of the steep downhill slope that ends at the PCH and Beach Road stop light. The road is one of the steepest in all of South Orange County and offers a lot of distractions, going up hill (safer) than coming downhill to the ocean.

Going downhill, one has peripheral vision driving to the sea level intersection. The big distraction is the surrounding ocean and shoreline view that just makes you “see without looking directly at it.”
    upload_2021-8-2_4-23-43.png

Our quiet lunch was a perfect time to reflect on Summer, family and how lucky we are to still be around. So, it is a favorite spot to regenerate and have a better attitude towards our situation during the pandemic. But, there is no doubt that this small serene place reminds us of the old, coastal cruises, bashing out in the ocean during our sailing days and of course, surfing in that pristine coast line before that harbor was built, destroying two of the best surf spots on the So Cal coastline.

Jnaki

One other neat thing is this road is a fantastic route to cruise on Saturday mornings as there are plenty of old cars and sporty "thingys" that use it to get access to the weekly cars and coffee event, even during the pandemic restrictions. It is a hidden gem, (if you can hide the ocean and serene coastal highway), of a place that the rush to the destination is sometimes overlooked by taking the ever present I-5 freeway.

Of course, the freeway is quicker and a faster route to get to the weekly car show and shopping. The beauty of the coastline and ocean far surpasses the fast route to any destination. You just have to make time to smell the roses (in this case, the salt air aroma) while you enjoy nature at its finest.

If you are sitting in this quiet serene park, bring a telephoto as the old cars that come by down below are quite a ways down. One day, we will time our relaxing hours to coincide with the flow of hot rods and yes, even sporty cars.

Stogy and tb33anda3rd like this.