Register now to get rid of these ads!

Did Ford make an A Model 3W Coupe?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by andydodge, Nov 11, 2010.

1. My 3 window tribute to the original prototypes. Definitely a hotrodded tribute but inspired by the slant window prototype

Attached Files:

Tim and gnichols like this.
  2. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@DylanHill1931 id love to see more of that and how you went about it!

DylanHill1931 likes this.
  4. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I know this is an old thread but could you clarify something for me? It pertains to the Model B engine... did the head have a B cast into it? I had a Model "B" engine with a C cast into the head as was under the impression this was a "33-34 engine and the C stood for commercial. Thanks.

5. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

I've seen some reports that factory replacement cylinder heads made clear up into the late 30's had the C marking. This would make sense as the last version that was in production would normally be the one that they would continue making as a replacement part. Also regarding the 3 window, I've always been under the impression that it was actually developed as the prototype for the 32 rather than being seriously considered as an addition to the A line. The 32 3 windows were built by Budd, who also made the late 1931 steel top pickup cabs so it's probably pretty safe to assume that Budd was doing all of the all-steel top bodies at that point. I would bet that those 3 window prototypes were built by Budd.

DylanHill1931 likes this.