Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical BODY, Custom Grill Shell TECH.... H-BOMB get's a FACE!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobbleed, May 1, 2003.

1. More than cool... it's Cugat. [​IMG]

2. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Awsome Side Valve! I'll put her in "training"!

The tie rod clears the shell just fine, although it dosen't look that way in the pics there is plenty of clearence. The spindles were switched side to side so all of the geometry stays the same. The reason we are running the tie rod out front is that we are running the spring behind the axle between the wishbones and to drop the tie rod low enough to clear would be scary. I am usually not a fan of the tie rod sticking out in front like that, but because the grill is tucked right up close to it it balances out OK. These cars are so DAMN low that we had to break some styling rules to get them that way. BUT, I think the way we are doing it balances out well.... It doesn't look like an after thought as it does on some cars with the tie rod sticking waaay out in front.

3. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

THIS is what the HAMB is all about!! Great work and a SUPER post! Thanks......... [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. What the F...Just kidding! Looks great I'm on my way out with a devilishly good pizza (Pizza Pit).

Wait till ya see the tail lights....

5. LUKESTER

LUKESTER

very cool Bob, I like how you can turn nothing into something, I wish I wuz a little more creative like that. You guys keep surprising me down there.......... LUKESTER

6. Bobbleed, That’s AMAZING metal fab! That shell gives that Hemi coupe a real MEAN look. The "H-Bomb"for sure!
    While you were at your art, Hackerbill posted a pic of a 30’s ‘plane engined racer built in England; Napier-Railton. Had a bit of the same widow’s peak. Looks like it would just eat any cars in front of it for solid fuel additive. Here’s another pic.

Also, have you thought of headlights? Seems to me that coupe is a natural for Woodlites, like on the Ruxton. Sorta slitty E&Js. I think would give a definite sinister look. Like some of those knight’s helmets on suits of armour. An eBay auction of a pair just ended April 23rd with no sale, at about $200.00

Here’s the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2411623738&category=33710

Pics show them on their side.
    Just my 2 cents. Build ON!

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. Here's that Ruxton. The lights would look better on the H-Bomb, I think. [​IMG]

8. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Those lights are CRAZY! At first I thought they were goofy, but the more I look at em, the more I agree that the would rule on the H AND piss off some "OLDTIMERS"..... PERFECT!

Luke, Someday I'll have your skills to match my "Vision."
    I've got a lot to learn, for now I'm just a dirtbag with a garage doing the best I can with what I have..... I guess maybe my basic skills are made up with a lot of HEART.... I got to get me one of them fancy welders you "WELDERBATERS" use!

As far as colors and details on the H- Bomb, those are up to Max, But I see Lots of blue pearl and metalflake... we'll see what happens, but I GAURANTEE the tail lights are gonna BLOW MINDS.

Time for work. You know I still think the shell looks a little funny, but I guess it will work for now........

9. Wowcars

Wowcars

Damn nice work bob, we gonna see that thing at '50s this year? Try this on for size....

Attached Files:

10. It's been said, but worth repeating, nice job! Good post! Kinda refreshing.

11. fatassbuick

fatassbuick

That is great! Very inspirational....that's something I'd like to do some day on El Slobo.

As if I have any talent for stuff like that.....

12. With them evil lites in there the car takes on a kinda Dr Doom/Darth Vader stature. You gotta do it!!!

13. that is awesome, great job

14. God bless it!

15. tootallrodder

tootallrodder
    Member Emeritus

That's fantastic. It's amazing what can be done with exhaust tubing, a welder and an imagination. I've used tubing like that to do up the console in my 36 and the panel transitions on the firewall. Can't wait to see the completed H-Bomb.

16. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Thanks fellas! Hopefully somebody can use the info and make their own custom shell.

I just want to make it clear that the H-Bomb belongs to MAX WEDGE!!

I am helping HIM build it at my shop. He is doing a great job for his first Hot Rod! I'm proud of the little MONSTER.
    I've given him lot's of guidence, when he asks me about something I usually say "Just make sure it isn't GAY." So far so good! HAHAHA!

Hopefully it will be rolling by BTT50's otherwise he will be the designated BLEEDSTER driver (Lucky little bastard!)

[​IMG]

17. Bob doesn't realize how long I've been involved with car building. Here's a pic of my grandpa showing me how induction works:
    [​IMG]

18. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

that SUMBITCH is lookin killer. think the mad shriner will bring it up for the Rumble?? i wanna see it in person. nice work on the grill Bob and nice work on the car Max. those headlights ROCK too.

19. NealinCA

NealinCA

Bttt for the tech-omatic

20. Mongo like!!

21. I just wanted to bump the last thread.

22. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Shame the pics are gone....

anthony myrick likes this.
  23. MoparFinman

MoparFinman
    from Okla

Yeah would be nice to see what that they look like.