Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical THE ONE PIECE THAT ELUDES YOU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 25, 2021.

1. But one sold kidney is ok? Thats so much better. Then you shouldn't joke about that either

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. Shoot me a PM with the part numbers you’re looking for. Top/body/base

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey @Doublepumper. I don't know if this is what your looking for, but it's yours for the taking if it is. zmir1.jpg zmir2.jpg zmir3.jpg 46sd.jpg It was original to a '46 Ford PU I hot rodded back in the '80s.

4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If the sign reads...
    "WILL WET-SAND FOR PARTS", you'll know it's me.
    I'll be at the end of the exit ramp. Knocking on your window. Sandpaper and a bucket of water in hand.

5. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

Too cool! PM inbound hotrodjack33

6. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Stacks of Ben Franklins to get the stuff I want!

chryslerfan55 and anthony myrick like this.
  7. The door hinge mirror for the Ford pickup is the same '35-'47. I've seen a lot of trucks with the curved door mirror arm, but the curved arm was for passenger cars only. Pickups had the straight arm. The one that Hotrodjack33 posted above is the same one that is on my '38.

chryslerfan55 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  8. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

Would like the bracket for a Moon tank pump and pressure gauge. Bracket only.

9. safetythird

safetythird

Chrysler long rams.

Chrysler power swivel seats.

I did just pick up an RCA record player for the thing.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. phill

phill

1955 Ford air condition vents on the top of the dash for Customline / Fairlane. They are different to the 56.

11. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

For me , Lower back glass “corners” trim for 53 Chevy 210 club coupe = unobtanium

12. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

Hard parts to find in reverse. I once saw a pair of Tucker front fenders, both for the left side hanging in a barn in IN. When Tucker filed for bankruptcy and was going under, many of the men on the assembly line knew that they were not going to get paid and took items from the plant, as this lady's (owner of the barn) uncle did. They are rare but only to that rare buyer that needs them. She won't sell them, let you take a picture of them or anything. The lady, who was very nice, told me they were money in the bank, saving for hard times when they come. Hard time never reach her door and the fenders probably still are hanging up in the barn.

13. topher5150

topher5150

Kind of like these
    IMG_20210510_173250228.jpg

14. I was told many years ago if a item doesn't have a price tag you probably can't afford it!

Do I dare ask? :) HRP

15. I was at the Jack Slaymaker auction Saturday. There were many sought after items squirreled away, that went to new homes. Steering wheels, apparently are the new gold bars. I don't recall any '54 accessory wheels, but, he collected those Crestliner wheels, & they were pricey. So were most other wheels on that hay wagon.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    chryslerfan55 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  16. Rear driver side curved interior trim piece for a 61 Ranch wagon. I have no idea what it’s called but every wagon I’ve looked at is missing them.
    C6CEB172-8F96-457D-877A-B8E51D26A666.jpeg 82BCED5C-ECD2-4978-B3F4-E0D38230B276.jpeg

17. Koz

Koz

Been searching for a Blairs Speed Shop license frame. There was one on the Ewing roadster that I saw maybe 30 years ago. I've searched every swap meet and advertised everywhere including speaking with the guys at Blairs. No luck! It is pretty plain and has "Blairs Speed Shop" across the top and "Pasadena" on the bottom. Nothing else. I'd even consider having somebody cast one for me. Absolute unobtanium.

18. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Whatever part or tool I need the most at the moment.

Once I find it a dozen cheaper and better ones pop up. [​IMG]

Droopydogg and Big mike 1968 like this.
  19. deuceman32

deuceman32

Solid lower quarters for my 61 Pontiac 2dr hardtop, especially the rear wheel openings.

Big mike 1968 likes this.
  20. manyolcars

manyolcars

21. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  22. How about a Pines Winterfront grill for my deuce?:rolleyes::p

23. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

A set of 15 X 4, 12 spokes for early Ford spindles, that I could afford !

woodsnwater likes this.
  24. goldmountain

goldmountain

I am in search for something that isn't even that old in hamb related terms. Years ago, there was an article in Street Rodder on adapting a Jeep shifter top to a Ford top loader 4 speed. As (bad) luck would have it, I came across a Jeep shifter top. The search was on to find the transmission. I bought one of those 3 speed plus overdrive transmissions that were an offshoot of the 4 speed and mounted the Jeep shifter to it. Fit like a charm. Everything was fine until I finally got the car together for its first test drive. The shift pattern is nuts and it is easy to overshift third gear and nick reverse. The good news is that Ford actually made a 3 speed and overdrive transmission that had a Jeep like shifter but with a corrected shift pattern. I found one of those at a swap meet years ago but didn't buy it. Now that I know I want one, where are they? If I could find the shifter top by itself, I would be thrilled since I'm sure that it would work with my current transmission but I wouldn't pass up on an entire transmission if I don't waffle on the freight charges.

25. I can't be much help but I do remember reading the article , the piece was written by Frank Otto and I think it may have been in Rod & Chstom, he was doing the conversion to install the transmission in his 1940 Ford coupe. HRP

26. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Good chance they'll go to scrap when she goes.

27. goldmountain

goldmountain

Danny: The conversion was successful - unfortunately I picked the wrong transmission to adapt it to!

28. NORSON

NORSON

Hood sections for a '33-'34 Willys. Bought the top sections (in very bad shape) and have been looking for the one top piece or the sides for several years. fullsizeoutput_26b.jpeg fullsizeoutput_26c.jpeg PC250305.JPG

29. I've been searching for years for the sideview mirror that was only used on the Willys model 77 Pickup and Panel Delivery. I only have a couple pictures and only seen it in person on one original Panel. I could use two or three, 20210728_135345.jpg or any of the parts for it. 20210728_135319.jpg

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    Big mike 1968 likes this.