Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville Speedweek 2021 Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well it's official , no speedweek for us.....border closed until Aug 21.....DAMMIT! I couldn't go anyway with two big fires within 10 miles of my place.
    Hopefully next year as long as there's no biblical flood on the salt.....that would be my luck!
    Have fun guys! Will be thinking about you!

trollst, Jet96 and loudbang like this.
  2. I just read the border situation yesterday. I feel bad for you guys.

Boneyard51 and loudbang like this.
  3. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Hi Joel
    The yellow light indicates I'm in high gear once I see the light I can focus on keeping the car between the course boundary's and push as hard as I can on the gas pedal as well as hold on tight.

4. Got our work schedule figured out, the last detail I needed to iron out. Solo trip again. May head out Wed night to break the drive up. Should be at the KOA Thursday evening.

5. trollst

trollst

Yep....I'm not coming, .....again. Just gonna swear a whole buncha times.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    loudbang likes this.
  6. Uggh! I am going still, but SOLO once again. Just ran the miles and it is 750 from my ranch to Wendover. I was hoping to have a good pal along for company, 10-11 hours of windshield time gets to be a bit much. Going to break up the trip by visiting friends in Green River and SLC.

loudbang and Jet96 like this.
  7. dwollam

dwollam

@Tman ya got me beat. It's like 640 from my place to Wendover. However I will have my wife with me this year.

Dave

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  8. This is the first time Lavin and I will be apart since we got together in Feb of 19. She just can not handle the heat. Otherwise, as my wife and best friend who loves to road trip with me would be along for the ride.

loudbang and dwollam like this.
  9. Trying to be there with the coupe hopefully find a room but it's looking like a no go on the room.

10. Keep on it, there are always last minute cancellations

11. @Tman was correct got the room at the Nugget. Word on the street is some of the Rolling Bones people from out of the country cannot get over so they are releasing their rooms.

lothiandon1940, loudbang and Tman like this.
  12. marshall

marshall
    from tacoma/wa.

13. Wowcars

Wowcars

@Tman Been a long time since we've seen each other!
    My wife and I are flying down, meeting other Suedes that are driving from ND, then traveling together to Wendover on Thursday. First time for each of us I believe.

14. Think ill be there with the coe..only the weekend tho

lothiandon1940, loudbang and RMR&C like this.
  15. Been a very long time! 19 or 20 years?

16. Jerome Guffey

Jerome Guffey

Are campfires allowed at the bend of the road this year? Need to decide whether or not to bring wood.

loudbang likes this.
  17. I was at the 5 mile when Al Teague came through in the "Flying Brick" on it's 268 mph pass. Yes, I know what a blown fuel roadster sounds like at full song! You never forget that either.

18. mctim64, lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  19. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

20. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have you looked a little farther out.. say Wells? A friend made that work once.

edit: just saw you got in at the Nugget. Sweet.

John

loudbang likes this.
  21. MJW

MJW
    from NJ
    1. PA. NJ. local HAMBERS group

No open fires of any kind in Tooele county (Bonneville) starting July 21. Except gas grills/stoves. Here's the link to the order. Was hoping that charcoal in a hibachi was OK but its not.

https://utahfireinfo.gov/wp-content...evention_Order_SLFO_Stage2_Final_07202021.pdf

loudbang likes this.
  22. Got one at the Nugget. As I posted later the Rolling Bones group has people that were supposed to come over from Europe but due to border closures they cannot so their rooms were released so maybe others can score one as I did.

23. Wowcars

Wowcars

I knew it was a while, but I didn't think it was that long! But I think you might be right! Probably won't even recognize each other. Hah!

loudbang likes this.
  24. Still coming. Work is busy, trying to get customer stuff done while getting the car ready. New tires are here, 2.70 pumpkin goes in today, changing head gaskets tomorrow or Saturday, alignment shop on Monday morning. Lots to do and time is running out. I'll be there though.
    !!11.jpg

25. Axle34

Axle34
    from Michigan

sidevalve8ba said:
    Anyone know if the live feed will be available this year like in the past? I think the announcer called himself "Seldom Seen Slim" or something like that.
    @Tman said
    Yes, that is off of www.landracing.com

Just checking about the Speed Week broadcasts. It's been a while since I've been out there for the racing. I remember being able to pick up the speed runs on either a AM or FM channel, so you could hear the speeds at the different mile markers, and Top Speeds. Is that going to be available? And what channel or radio? Also, is that some info. broadcasted by "www.landracing.com"? And if so, is there WiFi out on the Salt to pick it Up?
    Thanks axle34

loudbang likes this.
  26. No wifi unless someone is using a hot spot.
    If Slim is broadcasting the link will be on landracings home page
    If I remember right the radio has always been an 88 or 89 freq but it has been years since I tuned in since we always have the CB on in the truck

loudbang and mctim64 like this.
  27. 4bangerbob

4bangerbob
    from AB, Canada

28. Well, we're about a week away......

I've been working on my coupe, getting her ready for the trip. Even put some new tires on.
    Anybody else here DRIVING their hot rod/custom to Bonneville?

loudbang and dwollam like this.
  29. My son wants to drive the coe there...we shall see

loudbang, dwollam and RMR&C like this.