Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Both R USA Made !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 19Eddy30, Jul 17, 2021.

1. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

The Header Mufflers have been taken care of , New pair order is in ,should be shipped next week , the Manufacture is Borla XR1s , I have a few contacts with this Company & I wanted to get in touch with , for the Exhaust side and Not burn a bridge,
    The one I needed to be in contact are not the Person that Assemble ,packed & shipped. But I was able to contact show more pics then I posted , And that person was not Happy @ all with the
    craftsmanship/ poor Assembled/ welds.
    Borla is a good product , but not really a HAMB common used part.

The Headers I have a different opinion about there Product & Add description, why you should buy there Headers , to me there Product description sales pitch ""Is a Lie""
    I would Like for all of the dealers to take a stand to threaten to STOP selling this brand to Force them to Either Make there Headers to there sales pitch ""Craftsmanship , Quality & made USA ""
    If not & the only way to purchase would be directly from the manufacture , There Sales go down & maybe out of Business . It would be a lost to the Hot Rod Community , if so they did it to there selfs.
    I would not Recommend the Headers based on Poor Appearance and Craftsmanship.
    SANDERSON HEADERS

Deuces, Just Gary and rod1 like this.
  2. As I stated in Post #16 and for anyone else that knows their logo.

3. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Thanks for the update. I can understand about not burning bridges.
    Marcus...

4. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Sorry miss read ,
    ""I thought it said ,, success in using a Chinese manufacture!!
    [/QUOTE]

This is a common sentiment that everything from China/(Asian countries as a whole) are poor quality. While that may certainly hold true for some things, it's not a hard and fast rule, especially not anymore as Chinese factories have state-of-the-art manufacturing methods and are able to produce quality items.

I was experimenting with different headers for my engine swap and bought a few sets off of Amazon because if they didn't fit I could just Prime return them super-easy. I bought this set of Chevy truck headers and was absolutely blown away. Stainless everything, gorgeous TIG welds on everything, 3/8" thick flanges that I checked to be laser straight, They even came with gaskets and hardware! I was so disappointed that they hit my steering box and I couldn't use them. BY FAR the nicest set of headers I've ever bought, and they were dirt-ass cheap at $170, especially since the shipping is free and they arrived in 2 days. The comparable set from Hooker were like $500.

The construction of the headers you purchased there is totally unacceptable. You should be upset with it and I hope the company you got them from makes it right for you, especially since I'm sure they cost more than $170. Of course we all like to buy American and support American companies and workers, but they have to hold up their end of the bargain, too. If I'm getting a superior quality product for a few bucks more than the overseas counterpart, then you can justify the added expense. But if you're spending more, AND getting an inferior product, then something more than patriotism is going to need to be offered. That's just not good enough.

amazon headers.png

5. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

6. redoxide

redoxide

The sanderson tag was easy identified in the first set of pics .. $2000 seems expensive for anyset of headers other than a set hand fabricated by a skilled fabricator for a custom application.
    Im surprised you were surprised with the standard and flabbergasted that whoever you spoke to at Sanderson were disappointed with the quality. Just look at the website, pick any set of headers on there and enlarge the pics . They are all crap construction ..

welcome to the 21st century just another example of how consumers are simply a money stream and treated like fools .. Mind you sometimes when you do good work the customer takes the piss and tries to barter there way to a better deal, even when there isnt even any margin left .. Its a funny old world .. wish we could turn the clock back 60 years ..

williebill likes this.
  7. Sanderson.....the tradition continues.
    Apparently.
    They soured me on my coated Desoto block huggers. Two bolt holes on each flange had to be hogged out to line up with head bolt holes. Or pay freight to return them. And yes, Donna is a b**ch.
    Ended up cutting off and changing the collectors so I guess it really doesn’t matter at this point.