Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '27 Roadster Build.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Texas36, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Damn that looks good !!:cool::D JW

2. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

I am happy to see a young guy build cars gives me hope for our hobby

Junk yard and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  3. Vernon2

Vernon2

Just read the whole tread love it. I 'm building a Fiberglass 27T hot rod as a poor kids Hot rod sets on a 31 model a chassis with a mild banger engine. This tread gives me the movement I need to finish it. Even going to brush paint it as the kid in the 50's would. The last pictures shows Black I like the red best.

patmanta and slv63 like this.
  4. Been a real long time since Ive been on this site. Still driving the wheels off the car.
    Im driving it to LSRU in September then shortly after The Race of Gentlemen in October.
    After, Ill blow the car apart and re-do a large portion of the work my 20 year old self did back when I was still working in the shed.
    screen saver 2.jpg

5. GuyW

GuyW

Horse buggies and horseless carriages were brush painted, and if done correctly by the process, its difficult to tell that it's not air sprayed.

As I recall, Henry Ford was among the first manufacturers to "spray paint" cars - altho his initial efforts were more like spraying with a water hose than pressurized air spraying. They hosed in on over sheet metal pans, collected the runoff from the pans and recycled it into the paint supply. Apparently T's has lots of runs!

Texas36 likes this.
  6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looking good

Texas36 and OFT like this.
  7. TROG was pretty awesome! 244649229_4361330427254289_5839692912257312878_n.jpg wildwood.jpg

8. Hell yeah! Now have Jay Kirk race against you next year!!

Texas36 likes this.
  9. Congratulations on a great build, enjoyed the thread from go to wooh!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    Texas36 likes this.
  10. I really enjoyed this thread. Thankyou for including some of the tech and mods in the thread. The roadster turned out great and to make it to TROG is epic with a car started in a shed without power. I hope to be doing something similar this winter. Very cool!

Texas36 likes this.
  11. Thats the plan! Hes got some really cool parts saved for his Roadster. Hopefully we can get started on it pretty soon...

12. Thanks for the kind words. I definitely have a great network of friends that helped me along the way. The best part about building this hotrod was all the great friends I made over the years!

13. gus gustafson

gus gustafson

Really appreciate your posts, am heading down a similar route with my T.
    1) what method did you use to properly cut and jig your torque tube housing b4 welding ? I don't have a large lathe.
    2) then what method did you use to measure and cut the drive shaft to corrected length ? T model .JPG ?

Lil'Alb, 48fordnut and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  14. Lil'Alb

Lil'Alb
    from brier, wa

What could be more traditional than being completely illegal :)

15. Awesome car! When i did my torque tube I was still working out of the little shed and didnt have much tools, i used a porta band and went very slowly to make sure my cuts were as square as possible. Then i clamped the two halves in a heavy piece of angle iron to line them up and weld. As crude of a method it was, it worked pretty dang well and has been fine after all these years.
    the driveshaft was another story… i figured it would make sense to just take out the same amount that I took out of the torque tube but that did not work when I went to connect the rear end assembly to the trans. Was about 1” too long. Im not sure what the best way to do the driveshaft the right way(the first time) would be.

dana barlow and loudbang like this.
  16. gus gustafson

gus gustafson

Thanks for time , that trq. tube angle iron fix seems the way for us chalk line engineers.. I have researched the shorten D/S meas. on site, and its usually 1" less than Trq. tube length, or broom stick.. thk/u.

17. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Illegal? Whatever do you mean?;)

Texas36 likes this.
  18. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Still a cool car after the years have gone by man.. You did a good job bro.

Texas36 and Paul like this.
  19. Thanks Kev! See you in a couple days :cool:

stubbsrodandcustom likes this.
  20. Installed a Rodsville Quick change and loving the new highway gear. Also ended up reversing the springs to get the car down a little bit lower. Had to sort through some clearance issues "lowering pains" but it all works great now. I think Im done messing with this car for now and Im just going to drive and enjoy it. Ill be picking up another project car on my way to the Hotrod Showdown in a couple days that im really excited for Ill have to start a thread on that one when the time comes. 273929493_4840240446029949_7197970833615868207_n.jpg 273858672_4840240442696616_1421961643634875961_n.jpg

Lil'Alb, itsmee, brEad and 21 others like this.
  21. Turned out great, a credit to ya!

hendelec and Texas36 like this.
  22. KansasKid57

KansasKid57

Great thread! I've been eyeing the classifieds for a late 20s/early 30s to do a traditional build and enjoyed flipping through yours.

Texas36 likes this.
  23. When you start a thread for your new project, please stick a link in this thread so that we are all sure to catch it. Love this little T.

brEad likes this.
  24. Thanks! I actually already started another thread on the new hotrod. You can find it here!

bondojunkie likes this.
  25. Thanks- subbed!