Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Who knows about the Waco Tx Swapmeet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by manyolcars, Jul 24, 2021.

1. manyolcars

manyolcars

Hemmings lists a swapmeet for Waco Aug 6 and 7. How many vendors show up?
    I went to the swap in Fredericksburg yesterday. I'm glad I went but never again!

Big mike 1968 likes this.
  2. Big mike 1968

Big mike 1968

I haven't been to Waco for a swap meet in years, but they did have a big turn out in the past not quite as big as the swap meet they used to have at the ball park in Arlington, but still pretty big. We went there as vendors

3. manyolcars

manyolcars

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't have any real contacts left in Waco to ask.
    Larry Jenkins was on the Hamb but I can't remember what his Hamb Name is and haven't heard from him lately.

5. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

I considered going, but plans derailed. Why would you never go again?

6. CyaNide

CyaNide
    from Texas

I was thinking about going to the Fredericksburg one also, but wasn’t sure about it since I have never gone. It is about a 4 hour drive so there’s that also. What was wrong with it?

CN

7. manyolcars

manyolcars

the Fredericksburg swap is all slope. Steep slope. I am too old to walk that. There was a real nice fella there renting golf carts. I had to use one to get up the hills. It cost $100 a day

stillrunners and Joe Travers like this.
  8. It's the small ones that will get ya ! Have a Kelsey bent spoke I got from a guy there years ago.....he finally let me have it for $10 - off his price of $25.00.....it wasn't that purdy !

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is the website Home | My Site (wacoswapmeet.com)
    It's at the Baylor University Football stadium parking lot.
    If you tell your wife she will want to go so she can spend the day at the Magnolia Silos. 1.4 miles away on foot.

10. Not sure if this is the same deal but there use to be a car show and evening cruise around auto dealership row there in Waco - the park is where the show was and where they had the Texas Ranger Museum if memory serves me right. We went down there a few years or so but that was way back.

11. manyolcars

manyolcars

This swapmeet must not be good if no HAMBers go there

12. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

13. Dang.....I'm going just to buy this !
    "1926 Cadillac Phaeton Roadster Pickup. 80 HP flat head V-8. See to believe -- Very Rare. $4,800 Firm. Call show contact info
    or text to show contact info
    . Will be at the Waco swap meet at Baylor Stadium August 6 & 7." it's on CL Dallas at the moment.