Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 33-34 pickup headlights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by manyolcars, Jul 24, 2021.

1. manyolcars

manyolcars

I have everything for my Ford headlights except the reflectors and I see vendors have new reflectors set up for H4 bulbs. Is there anything better than the H4s?

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

They are fine. Early halogen tech but still good. I doubt you can out drive their hi-beam range in your avatar car as they were initially made for autobahn cruisers in Europe.

3. SPEC

SPEC

I changed from H4s to H4 base Halogen, they are a lot better lighting.

4. manyolcars

manyolcars

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

You might also find "Z" beam H4s, which had a shade in the bulb to keep the lights from projecting into the oncoming traffic. Kinda snazzy.

6. manyolcars

manyolcars

thanks gnichols.

gnichols likes this.
  7. I have used the H-4 Headlight conversions on my 32 5-window & on my 34 pick-up. They
    throw out a good deal of light but the stock glass lenses do not brought cast the light out
    far enough for my taste . The look good & they are alright for city driving. I don"t trust
    them for high speed high way driving. The old 7 in sealed beam seem to brought cast
    the light better but do not look as good (in my opinion).

8. Richard Head

Richard Head

I’ve got the 12v version of the original style headlight bulbs on my 33 pickup. I would imagine that any halogen conversion would be an improvement over those. I prefer not to be out with it at night.
    Dave

9. I have the 33/34 commercial lights from Bob Drake with the revised/updated design halogen reflectors, with internal turn signal. They work better than other alternatives. It looks like Drake no longer produces the reflectors.

I have since installed 35-37 commercial lights with Drake reflectors.

33/34 lights available, $275.