Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1929 Model A Pickup Truck Running Boards

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob Woods, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Bob Woods

Bob Woods

The brackets for the running boards are not a strong fit for my truck. They are the stock ones. Has anyone changed how to mount them so they are stronger when you step down on them? If so, some pictures would be nice.

Catfish

2. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

Are the rivets loose in the holes in the frame? If so you could replace them with bolts. If the running board bracket itself is weak because of rust or being bent too many times you could beef it up with some curved steel on the backside, it would never show on a full fendered car. The fenders, splash aprons, and running boards all form a stronger unit when it's all bolted together than it feels like if you just step on a running board sitting on the brackets. They really do feel weak if you just have the board sitting on the brackets and step on it.

osage orange likes this.
  3. I wonder if you have some aftermarket running boards that are thinner than the originals? I hate it when they do that.

Charlie Stephens