Register now to get rid of these ads!

What’s the average price for roof paint?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tims54, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Being a novice I wouldn't want to start out trying to spray candy, it's a job for a seasoned painter, just the materials are EXPENSIVE, even the prep work takes lots of hours, even for a pro.

I'm just estimating but I would thing it would cost at least 3 grand or better. HRP

Tims54 and dana barlow like this.
  2. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

True, candies could be difficult to get right. Doesn't allow you to wet sand any imperfections in the candy coat itself.
    But nice effects can be achieved with non candies. Lace is a very nice effect and not so difficult to do.

Tims54 likes this.
  3. Crap no.
    Jump in the deep water.
    Allen Shepherd didn’t wait for someone else to play golf on the moon.
    Tesla didn’t hope someone else built a remote control before he did.
    Bill Haley didn’t suggest we rock from 8-5, no, he demanded we rock around the clock.
    Dr. Frankenstein didn’t let Abby Normal’s brain keep him from living his dream.
    Did the lead singer from the “Cars” allow his below average looks keep him from marrying a super model?
    Don’t be a wall flower. Ask the hottest girl at the dance for a spin.
    Ya only live once, there is no try, the only true failure is not doing.
    So ya paint it and it messes up.
    You learned sumthin.
    We never cut a bus in half and put it back together until we did. The sayers of nay were there shaking their heads.
    The grown ups said we were crazy
    But they drive minivans and crap like that.
    Secretly they’re all jealous.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021

4. Now go sand that roof!

Tims54 likes this.
  5. Johnny B Goode’s mom didn’t say he’d be an insurance salesman. No, she said he’d be the leader of a big ole band. People will come from miles around to hear him play the music when the sun goes down.

Rickybop, Tims54 and Jim Bouchard like this.
  6. Budget36

Budget36

I thought you didn’t drink Anthony;)

Rickybop and Tims54 like this.
  7. No.
    God gifted me with a natural, cost savings chemical imbalance that can be toggled off and on depending on the situation and/or the environment.

rod1, Rickybop, Tims54 and 2 others like this.
  8. Budget36

Budget36

There’s a fine line between a gift and a curse.
    But to add some relevance to the thread, as I get older I dislike clean up more and more after spraying something. So I’ve taken the easy way out and pick up a few of those HF guns when they go on sale, less than 10 bucks and treat them like a paint strainer.
    Now one thing to consider is the OP may not have the space or a compressor, heck, may not be allowed to spray where he lives. If that’s the case maybe some elbow grease with some hand sanding, long flex board and a trip to a MAACO with the paint/etc needed would be an option?

Tims54 likes this.
  9. railcarmover

railcarmover

20191117_165159.jpg

First car I ever painted..scared shitless,studied up some and gave it a go..now I can't wait to shoot another..