Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville Speedweek 2021 Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Feb 17, 2021.

1. y'sguy

y'sguy
    from Tulsa, OK

Getting closer to being there.
    Hope to meet some good people and see some land speed records. Staying at the Peppermill and will check out the cars at the Nugget.

mctim64 and loudbang like this.
  2. Update from the Free State of Sodak. Was asked last night by a good pal if we could help them run their car this year! Tom and I will be staying with them at the KOA. We will be with the OT #1928 Olds

3. Is it licenced? BLM started requiring ORV licences a few years back

lurker mick and loudbang like this.
  4. Just wrapped up the 9 inch and trans swap in the 39, come say hi on the Salt!

39Ford.jpg

Cooon, Dog_Patch, D-Russ and 5 others like this.
  5. BLM considers it an off road vehicle. Therefore it needs to be compliant. SCTA alkso cracked down on minibikes and go kart a few years back.

https://scta-bni.org/bonneville-documents

11. Allow another person to, violate the State of Utah’s Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) statutes, to include, but not limited to: a) Operating an OHV without a current UT OHV registration, temporary UT OHV registration or reciprocal state registration for out of state vehicles. b) Operate an OHV without wearing a safety helmet while under the age of 18. c) Operate an OHV under the age of 16, or without a valid driver’s license from the state that person currently resides, without direct supervision of an adult (of 18 years of age or older). Direct supervision includes being within 300 feet of the person operating the OHV and being able to maintain visual and audio contact with the operator

Boneyard51, loudbang and lurker mick like this.
  6. Anyone know if @Marcy and the Hop Up folks are doing any festivities? How about the Inliners or Bean Bandits?

loudbang likes this.
  7. dwollam

dwollam

I wish there was a way to find out about these activities during speed week instead of word of mouth. Maybe there is and I just am not aware? I always like the BBQ at the KOA and the mini swap meet.

Dave

Rynothealbino, y'sguy and loudbang like this.
  8. Anyone know if the live feed will be available this year like in the past? I think the announcer called himself "Seldom Seen Slim" or something like that.

Tim, dwollam and loudbang like this.
  9. y'sguy

y'sguy
    from Tulsa, OK

Yea, I'd like to know of a swap meet as well. When and where?

dwollam and loudbang like this.
  10. Yes, that is off of www.landracing.com

Tim, loudbang, Jet96 and 1 other person like this.
  11. I go to race. That is why the thought of being a "civilian" bugged me so much this year. I don't even go to the Nugget for the "show". Mayby we will this year since I have a newbie traveling with.

The BBQs however are a good way to catch up with old friends.

I will NOT be doing a HAMBbq this year since I do not know how much time will be needed with the new team. I was also told to pack my driving gear......

26 T Ford RPU, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  12. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Testing the rear engine modified roadster this week at the LTA event in Maine. Here's an in car video of the run. Speed is 207.046 at the mile and a half. Engine is a Ford flathead burning gasoline.

ct1932ford, Lepus, Racer29 and 17 others like this.
  13. Nice run!

loudbang likes this.
  14. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Dean, is that your bike? I stopped and talked to the guys that were around that bike last year! Great guys, but can’t remember their names. I met SO MANY folks!Most great guys! Some snobs! Lol

Bones

loudbang likes this.
  15. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I was worried about getting a permit for my Polaris Side by side, as I have no real proof of ownership. So I go into a convince store that sells the permit. They absolutely didn’t care about anything but a serial number. I actually provided the number of a friends Kawasaki mule and permitted it for the salt, as it was first out in the trailer. Now this was at the one place I got permits, others may differ. But there I could have got a permit for anything.

Bones

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    Jet96 and loudbang like this.
  16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Happy to hear it will still be broadcast this year. Had a lot of fun last year, had our whole
    Family on the porch eating burgers and listening to it all afternoon. Could make a good tradition if we can’t make it out there

sidevalve8ba and Tman like this.
  17. Bones, that is the bike my brother and I built in 1967. It set two 100cc fuel class records in 1969. It then sat, in pieces, for 40 years. In 2009 we restored it, and took it back to the salt in 2010. We had a shot at reclaiming our records, but the little Honda had enough, and stuck the piston. The bike is now retired, for good, and living in the NHRA Museum.
    Oh, and that bike has not been on the salt since 2010.

Hamtown Al, Jet96, tractorguy and 3 others like this.
  18. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

The Schellville Special will be back,planing on getting our old records back from the Canadian,s! 5DF98859-F916-4BCC-8BDC-E30FCE3B30B6.jpeg

19. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

20. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Ok! I guess there another one that looks like it. We stopped and talked to them for a while in 2020..It was a Honda 90, but I can’t remember what speed it was going for. There are so many different vehiles out there on the salt! That’s one of the things that makes it so interesting! Really enjoyed my first time there!

Bones

loudbang and Tman like this.
  21. Every gearhead needs to experience the sunrise over Floating Mountain at least once. It is a religious experience you'll never forget.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  22. "Wally"

"Wally"

Another early morning on the Salt Impound Sunrise - Copy.jpg

Chavezk21, Lil32, R A Wrench and 4 others like this.
  23. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

293F79E3-F56E-46AE-AD5C-258913715088.jpeg

Ditto - so many different types of vehicles.

John

24. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11 more work days until I hit the road. Maybe no more work days after. We shall see.

loudbang likes this.
  25. Suicide77

Suicide77
    from Utah

I live only 90 min away and go out with my buddies on the weekends to goof off in our Mad Max cars. Coming out this year to see Speed Week for the first time and can't wait!
    [​IMG]

chriseakin, Almostdone, Jet96 and 2 others like this.
  26. Ken Smith

Ken Smith
    Alliance Vendor

I agree with that!
    Add to that list; hearing the bellow of a blown fuel roadster on a cool morning record run.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    Dean Lowe, Jet96, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  27. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

Ronnie, congrats on the amazing MPH, you are an inspiration! I'm curious, what is the yellow light on the dash?

loudbang likes this.
  28. "Wally"

"Wally"

That would be a hell of a push rig!