Register now to get rid of these ads!

Waterslide decal printer paper

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by dmdeaton, Jul 18, 2021.

1. dmdeaton

dmdeaton

Anyone know if the inkjet waterslide decal paper is any count? I was thinking of snagging a decent ink jet printer and trying some decals.

302GMC likes this.
  2. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

The right way to make decals is with waterproof ink which must ink jet printers do not have, so if water gets on the decal the ink starts to run.
    The old Alps Printers used waterproof inks, but there are hard to find and finding the correct ink is another problem.

Jimbo

3. dmdeaton

dmdeaton

I just found this
    Print the image on the white decal paper then apply your clear aerosol acrylic decal fixative spray to the image. It is highly recommended to spray AT LEAST 3 coats waiting around 1 hour between each coat. The fixative spray locks the water-soluble ink to the decal film, making your designs waterproof so that the ink is not dissolved when placing your decals into warm water to apply.

4. FlatJan

FlatJan

i used inkjet decal paper (white and clear) for making decals. works great but you have to clear them over before cutting out and wet application. i do this with a spray can of automotive clear coat. easy job.
    clear paper decals are ok, they get a bit thick when using white background paper but still better then no decal ;)