Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets start up that east coast car club history thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rivet, Jul 21, 2006.

1. From the early 60's Torrington Ct

Untitled-1.jpg Untitled-2.jpg

lothiandon1940 and dana barlow like this.
  2. Duane E Cohen

Duane E Cohen

3. Duane E Cohen

Duane E Cohen

The Chariots out of the Bronx.
    Don't remember date club was formed, but we disbanded 1974 I believe due to marriages, kids, houses and such.
    Bronx Speed and Sparten Autotive were just 2 of the business that grew out of the club. Many weekend caravans to NY National Speedway.Believe we were the oldest NHRA club on the east coast when we turned our charter in.

4. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

Anyone know of any Frederick or Hagerstown Maryland clubs from back then?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

There are at least 5 Frederick clubs on this page .....

..... and one more from Hagerstown on this page .....

6. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

Hey, I appreciate that.

7. 2015-06-22 13.57.57.jpg Ty-Rods & the Dominators still alive and very active.

8. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

Anyone have any info on the quarter kings? I'm looking and I can't find a single thing on them

9. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

015.JPG Built rod in 59,still dive it,was in 3 clubs Miami Florida,in the early 60s. Road Staints,Road Rebels, Scavengers. There were many other clubs also in south florida at the time.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  10. back up for East Coast clubs

11. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

awesome seeing all the clubs that were going on back then! I'd love to know if there are any guys on here from the mid atlantic area back around 1960. i've got a 32 5 window that had the roof removed and the car was channeled. pretty sure it was a metallic red. posts were cut off and it had chromed flat stock bolted onto the stubs and a windshield bolted to that. dual masters bolted to a flat firewall. stainless fitted dash panel for the 32 dash. heard it was owned by Nick Dibiaso in willmington de. at one time?? Don't think the car was anything special but I would still love pictures. I did talk to Nick about 4 years back but didn't have any luck with pictures.

12. .........................................Post up some current pics. It might help jog some memories even if it has been changed a lot.:)

13. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

It really looks nothing like when I got it. only thing that looks the same is the exhaust tubing around the doors and quarters. the doors were welded shut but still had outside handles. etc. I put a stock floor in it, stock firewall, made posts and surround to fit a closed car windshield.

basically I would love to know if anyone knows Nick Dibiaso and could talk him into hunting down some pictures for me.

here's a picture of how the body looked when I got it. nothing specific on it in the pic either. I bought it in 1994 when I was 14. that skinny kid on the bottom with the old school color changing T-shirt is me welding up some patches in the frame that came with it. not a bad deal for $500
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and what she looks like as she sits
    [​IMG]

14. ...................................It appears that Mr. Dibiaso lost his Mother and a Sister in 2012. May have been a very bad time for him. Looks like he may still be in the Wilmington, De./ Warwick, Md. area. Not that any of this info helps really. At least if we keep this thread alive someone with memories and/or pictures may come forward.

15. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

that is why I didn't really pester about the pictures, hard to know whats going on in a strangers life and the last thing I wanted was to be a pest. we had a pleasant conversation where he cleared up a few things I had heard from someone who had owned the car in the 80's. he said he had some pictures somewhere but didn't really know how he would get them to me. it wasn't a car he kept for long or even built, I got the impression that him and his brother bought and sold many hot rods.

16. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

17. Any former members of the Injectors Car Club of Maryland still around? Tell us some stories and post up any memorabilia you may still have.:D

18. Apparently they were pretty active in the late 60's -early 70's? HTBwQ7vlhLxYKfn7YciGn-vi.jpg

19. Maicobreako

Maicobreako

South Mountain? Used to race motocross there, the track crossed the dragstrip twice.

20. gearcutter

gearcutter
    from Maryland

Hi StefanS I have info on the Quarter Kings of Hagerstown,Md. Iam in hagerstown ,on facebook or PM me call Gary Davis

21. kooldeuce

kooldeuce

22. crash_

crash_

I know this post is old but really awesome to read. Thank you for posting!

I remember my Dad (Bruce Wilks) talking about the club all the time. I even remember going to the dusty garage packed with cars when I was very young. I'm 51 now.

The 31 Model A that he raced is still around. I just brought it from our shop in Ontario and will finish the rebuild process that my dad started a few years ago. Hope to have it back on the track by next summer

lothiandon1940 and LOST ANGEL like this.
  23. The oldest Rod & Custom car club in South Carolina. HRP

[​IMG]

24. ..Not really.

25. ......Anyone remember these clubs?

26. Another car club in that was in Anderson, South Carolina, it was started at Old Boy's High School in the late 50's, they still get together once a year, HRP

[​IMG]

27. I ran across this plaque recently and the club was here in Anderson but I don't know anything about ior the club, never heard of it in the past. HRP

[​IMG]

LOST ANGEL and lothiandon1940 like this.
  28. Hi , While this thread is up, looking for more information on 2 clubs close to me. First one is the "Bearing Burners" from Schenectady NY. I got some info it may have been active in the 1960's. Possible club site was near Catalyn St. off Crane St. near the border of Rotterdam. Possibly a high School club associated with Mt. Pleasant high school students. Second club was/ is Mis-Fires from Amsterdam NY. Found newspaper articles about them. They hosted car shows and drag raced at Fonda Dragstrip in the 1960's. I did some checking with New York State and was told the domain is still active being paid by someone but state will not reveal name of person doing this. I tried to locate a few names that were posted in the newspaper back then but no luck finding anyone. Dennis provided both repro plaques in his inventory. Any help would be appreciated.