Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods wheel vintiques...Still in business

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot-rod roadster, Jul 15, 2021.

1. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Hey anybody have dealings with Wheel Vintiques lately?
    I made an order last march and supposed to ready in july. Been trying to check on the order and they don't return emails, salesman doesn't return calls at his extension and no one answers the main line.
    I'm not in a big hurry and really like this company just looking for info. Gary

2. Just curious why you didn't order through Summit.

egads and Blue One like this.
  3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

My thoughts too.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. I had backorder issues with them. Ended up with 2 from Summit and 2 from performance wheel in CA. Took about 4 weeks to hunt them down. Not much in the supply chain across the USA

Attached Files:

AHotRod and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. Binkman

Binkman

I ordered 15 inch wire wheels through Summit two times.
    The first time it took 6 months to get them.
    My second order was worse. It took 11 months.
    They sent 4 18 inch alloy wheels eventually.
    When I called Summit, they said they did not send them, when I called WV they said they did not send them. A while later WV called and said I had to send them back. They finally sent me lables to send them. It was a total pain in the ass. Javier at WV said he would make it right but never did.

loudbang likes this.
  6. I ordered WV series 62 rims for my 36 from Summit, shipped the next day and had them in 4 days. Very happy with both the rims and Summits service, as always. Mitch.

7. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Special order with custom backset

8. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

In there defense, they did say they had the 15x8's I needed in stock, but they needed to build the other set I needed so at the time he said he would put a hold on the 15x8"s for me and the other 2 would be ready in july.
    I still think there quality is great and are generally a good Company.
    I'm aware parts are still hard to get do to the covid debacle but answer the phone or return an email!
    Thanks for all your comments.

9. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Been calling and emailing for a month now. No one answers the phones and no email response. Anybody else getting through to them. Gary

10. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I went through this whole fiasco with them a year ago so I can sympathize. After months of emailing, calls and excuses I was forced to go another and more expensive route. They are not the WV of old, now new and improved by Coker.

Guy Patterson and Moriarity like this.
  11. We had problems as dealers for them almost 20 years ago. Soured me on the company then.

12. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

Contact Rally America, I've done some business with them a few years back. Located just above Fresno (Prather Calif) check them out online www.rallyamerica.com (559) 322-2128
    Jim aka Sanford & Son
    OCTOBER SWAP O RAMA ROAD SIDE BANNERS (002).jpg

13. ochamsrasor

ochamsrasor
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I use Wheel Smith a 2 week turnaround, great customer service.

AHotRod, egads and jimmy six like this.
  14. mddan

mddan
    from Newark, DE

I agree with Wheel Smith. I ordered custom wheels from them and they were great to work with. They make their stuff themselves and have a quality product!

AHotRod, egads and lothiandon1940 like this.
  15. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wheelsmith worked for me. On an OT pickup 40DF2788-0821-44A0-8068-397A8D95942F.jpeg but made to look old.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    AHotRod and egads like this.
  16. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Both sets of wheels I used on my Avatar came from Wheel Smith. Fast delivery, very happy with both. Should have kept the steelies with WWW. IMG_6148.JPG IMG_5514.JPG 11204963_10153275088464839_3868154790016892638_n.jpg

AHotRod, catdad49 and egads like this.
  17. bchctybob

bchctybob

I had the same problems with Wheel Vintiques. After years of excellent wheels and service the last pair I ordered through Summit (15x8” bare, off the rack) the delivery date just kept slipping out month by month, again and again until I decided to cancel. I contacted Wheel Smith. I wanted 15x8” with 3 1/2” backspace and the “series 64” type centers that take a 10 1/4” snap-over hubcap. They don’t do those centers but they add buttons to accommodate those hubcaps at extra cost. So my 15x8” bare steel wheels with centers I don’t like and makeshift hubcap buttons would cost me just shy of $500. Hmm. Nope. Nice people but I’m not paying that kind of $$$ unless I’m getting what I want.
    So the next time I was down in LA I went to Bolton Wheel (now officially, Perfect Custom Made Wheels) in Gardena. I took him wheels with the centers I want and he used new 15x8 bands to make the wheels to my dimensions exactly. $75 per wheel. AND, although they were busy he said he would try to have them done before we headed home on Friday. They were done Wednesday. Service just like the good old days. I suggest looking for and developing a repoire with a small local shop.
    I do hope Wheel Vintiques gets straightened out and running again and doesn’t succumb to the Rodder’s Journal disease. Come on folks, we want to help you make money but you’ve got to communicate. And buyers try to be pleasant when you do get ahold of someone, I’d stop answering the phone too if I had to listen to some rude irate a-holes all day.

18. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Same gig here. I cut the centers out of a set of WV series 64 wheels, sent them to Wheel Smith and he welded them in new reverse hoops to my specs. Had them back in less than 2 weeks. Great custom service…great customer service.

19. Probably wouldn't have to listen to rude, irate a-holes all day if they had decent customer service.

Mick

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Far more of dealing with the "new" post Corky Coker tire conglomerate than most anything else. Buy up a former supplier and then be more concerned about how much profit it turns for the shareholders rather than the quality of service and product you deliver. Hire guys because they are good at typing on the computer rather than because they are extremely product knowledgeable.

Still, right now, no matter how hard the guys out in the shop are working to get orders filled they can't produce a product if they don't have the right pieces to make the product out of. That's across the board no matter what you are trying to do.

AHotRod and lurker mick like this.
  21. bchctybob

bchctybob

Very true, but there are many folks out there who just ain’t happy unless they are bitching about something. I know you probably know a few.
    In my experience, Wheel Vintiques has been a solid company with commendable customer service and quality products for quite a while now. There has obviously been some kind of internal change that is affecting that, whether it is COVID/supply or labor related or just an unfortunate reorganization of management, it has to be hurting their bottom line.
    No matter, there is no excuse for refusing to communicate. For the record, Summit communicated regularly, unfortunately it wasn’t the good news I wanted to hear.

dirty old man likes this.