Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vernon2, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Vernon2

Vernon2

If this the wrong place to post this for give me .But have a question.
    How does one register 1930 Model a from NY. to Pa. Thank you .

dwollam likes this.
  2. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Jokester and stillrunners like this.
  3. gene-koning

gene-koning

A title with numbers on it that match the numbers on the complete car makes things much easier.
    Beyond that, it can get troublesome quickly.
    I'd think your local PA licensing department would be the place to start. If something gets messed up, it could take years to straighten out.

4. Ask that question to the PA DMV as you may not get a legal answer on the internet.

5. dwollam

dwollam

Vern told me that the older vehicles in NY are not titled, only registered. So ya get a registration and a bill of sale. New Yorkers, is that correct?

BTW, yes it is a complete running Model A.

Dave

6. Older cars in NY have a transferable registration seller signs it and it is like a title .

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To add to what Hilo Hotrodder said.
    Along with making sure that the numbers on the registration/title I would make sure that the car had current valid plates with a current sticker. Some states seem to view a currently licensed vehicle in a better light than one that hasn't been licensed lately.
    Also if you do it get a notarized bill of sale for the rig. That takes a few bucks and going to a Notary but In PA that says you bought it legal in NY.

Still as suggested before go to your dmv and ask before handing out any money. It's a lot better to get told the facts before you spend money than be back on here with a "now what do I do" post.

8. I am not from New York but I did buy something from New York. It was a 64 Ford Convertible and I got a registration card and a bill of sale. In North Carolina that was all I needed to get a title.

I bought a 56 Ford from Ga and it was the same way. No title, registration and bill of sale only. It went smoothly too.

9. catdad49

catdad49

Until 1973, vehicles were sold in N. Y. With a transferable registration. Make sure the numbers match and along with a bill of sale, you should be good to go

10. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Correct. ∆∆∆
    Actually I believe "73" is the first year of actual title

catdad49 likes this.
  11. Vernon2

Vernon2

Thank you all for the input on this. I went to a notary office today The bill of sales and the registration sign over to me will work since NY has no title under 1973.Looks like two trips 1 to close the deal and bring back the paper work to get temp. plates so I can drive it home :)

Thank you all again.
    Vern

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  12. @Vernon2, listen to what the Notary said as he is the official that will be completing the paperwork.

13. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

I bought my 69 Mach1 from my dad in June 1973 in NY, and got the transferable registration, no title