Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Right hand drive parts SOLD!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by timwhit, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Some of you may recall that my Phaeton was RHD when I got it. I'm not going to be using those parts so what's the odds of anyone actuall wanting them? I've not looked around yet to see if ther are any for sale. Just trying to figure out the correct approach to selling the parts. I've had the car for 9 months and have finally got the hard part of the body repair done. Black epoxy for now. Tim 20210630_160410.jpg 20210630_160354.jpg

wicarnut likes this.
  2. Depending on what the parts are, might be useful for a custom setup, such as steering box mounted on outside of frame. Or dash for somebody wanting to be different.

My Utes are all RHD, but I'm keeping them that way. Although I have thought about what if I needed any replacement parts, or what to do with parts if I ever converted to LHD.

timwhit likes this.
  3. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Australia,UK,NZ,S Africa ,Japan, India are RHD countries to name a few.Place an ad here or EBAY,PreWar Cars with fair prices and they will sell. I sold a RHD set of 33-34 Pedals to Australia a couple yrs ago.

timwhit, Happydaze and micksmith like this.
  4. About 20 years ago there was a small surge of worn out RHD pre-war vintage cars for sale here. They were all from Argentina.

5. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

@timwhit I am chasing some rhd parts - spindles, pitman arm drag link and the like .... if you're interested in selling and shipping them to the land of the "right hand drive hot rod".

6. I do have some of those parts. I was hoping to sell everything at the nats swapmeet. However, if that doesn't happen, I'll message you. Shipping has become a hassle, not to mention international issues. I don't have any experience in that realm. I'll try to put together a complete list of what I have. Tim

Stovebolt likes this.
  7. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Someplace where they drive in circles.

8. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

That's be great @timwhit
    I have a friend who ships containers out of Los Angeles, so shipping for you would be internal

9. Stovebolt: Here is a list of the 33/34 RHD parts: #1. Steering box $35. (worn out but should be a rebuild-able box and shaft to steering wheel is cut off). #2. Spindles $150. Good condition with king pins. #3. Clutch and brake pedal assembly $75. #4 $50Toe board with pieces around steering column. #5. Gas pedal $40. #6. Trans cover $15 (has hole for e-brake on opposite side and is rough around the edges) #7. Pitman arm $20 #8. Drag link $30 Good condition. Let me know if you are interested and I'll try to figure the weight/crating and shipping to LA. I would need the address for where to ship it. Tim

10. torana

torana

hi timwhit, have sent you a pm, (to see if parts are still available)
    cheers julian