Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

^^^^^YES^^^^

themoose and loudbang like this.
  2. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

When Studebaker acquired the old Dodge bed tooling, I believe they had to design their own front bed panel to match the curvature of the backside of the new Champ cab (which, itself, was based on the contemporary Studebaker Lark body!).

They also designed the tailgate tooling to include the same stamped "STUDEBAKER" lettering that was on the step-side Studebaker bed.

Another Champ-specific stamping was the nose panel (at the bottom). This was required to provide clearance between the lower valence and the Studebaker truck frame.

loudbang likes this.
  3. 7berkmerc

7berkmerc

Cool, certainly a unique animal.. I have never seen a crew cab conversion... It will certainly make a unique truck even more so! :)

loudbang and Peanut 1959 like this.
  4. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I like it! Just needs wheels.
    61 Stubaker Champ unibody  with wheels.jpg

5. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

By the way, the guy building the quad cab Champ was stoked to see your renderings! I really appreciate your help. I'll try to post a pic of his progress as he finishes the roof (whichever treatment he goes with).

loudbang likes this.
  6. 7berkmerc

7berkmerc

Glad he liked the drawings. Another option that he may consider would be to fabricate the bed using the rear wagon quarters and tailgate but to keep the bed separate. Maybe do a Wagonaire rear roof treatment? That would be cool.... The forward slanted rear pillar treatment is my personal favorite. :)
    I look forward to seeing which way be decides to go.
    StudLamp_1.0g.jpg StudLamp_1.0f.jpg

7. OK! We may paint this car after I sell my 39 Ford Deluxe coupe.
    Leave the white and try Turquoise or Indigo blue. Please with fender skirts. Thanks!

422C90DB-7642-4E3E-9D9B-C463870F5603.jpeg 6EC86892-7259-4A03-90E4-C4804E50644F.jpeg

40two and loudbang like this.
  8. verde742

verde742

O please leave the pink !!! IMO

Love to own it... U KEEP THE SKIRTS !!!

Scooterville likes this.
  9. It’s my wife’s car. She wants a different color and skirts (we have them currently in grey primer). I told her we should leave alone. It gets a lot of compliments.

loudbang likes this.
  10. verde742

verde742

definitely,, I usually go with the females, ( 4 daughters) BUT NOT THIS TIME, I LOVE IT..
    sell the skirts !!! to a real old man !!! from the far So. East
    NOT TO MANY COMPLIMENTS AFTER COLOR CHANGE.. betcha !!!

11. well I’m gonna talk her into lowering it some and leave the paint alone!

lurker mick and verde742 like this.
  12. verde742

verde742

YEAH !!!!
    Get some estimates for COLOR CHANGE !!!!!
    STARTS at $10,000.00 for a "pretty good" paint job in this area..

IF she is logical, that will convince her...

13. Might as well let her see what it might look like anyway....

1.jpg 2.jpg

14. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just as a study in design, what would it have looked like if my '36 Wellside Ute was based on a Lincoln series K instead of a Ford roadster? Lowered with skirts of course as it would be a mild custom. Thinking a shortened version of the Victoria top only with a bed with a properly scaled wooden rail in place of the metal wrapped bump out of the ute. Sorry, Hard to find a color side shot of a well side ute. [​IMG][​IMG]

15. Thanks Moose! How bout Fiesta Red? That was the original color her car was. I do think she’s leaning on keeping it coral now. She says thanks for helping out!

verde742 and loudbang like this.
  16. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Use Peacock Blue, my avatar, it’s a stock 56 color…

loudbang and Scooterville like this.

17. 3.jpg 4.jpg

18. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Can someone please put these 56 Buick Century tail lights into the extended 51 20200324_095541_Burst01(1).jpg Mercury quarters of the black car at the bottom and install a 51 Mercury bumper. Many thanks.

Attached Files:

19. custom.jpg

20. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Damn, Moose. You're faster than me! Merc Tail Final.jpg

catdad49, jimmy six, 40two and 5 others like this.
  21. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

22. UTE.jpg

23. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

themoose and loudbang like this.
  24. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I deeply apologize to Themoose. My hack job of his beautiful work to get it to where my mind has this going. It is a far cry from the lump I will be starting with. I am envisioning a carpenter catering to the wealthy who wants to class up his Ford Ute a bit to fit in with his clients. Classy, but goes to work everyday so needs to haul things. Ute lincoln 3.jpg

25. mbstude

mbstude

In the 60’s, Studebaker built the Champ truck using the front half of a Lark sedan.

Lately I’ve had the weird idea to take a Champ truck chassis and slap a Lark wagon body onto it to build a what-could’ve-been Champ SUV.

I’d like to see the Lark wagon with the Champ wheels, tires, grille, front bumper, and maybe a little more ground clearance.

Thanks in advance. :)

IMG_0594.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

Peanut 1959 likes this.

26. 1.jpg

27. Unclebrad

Unclebrad

Just thought I'd take a shot at a different bed style...
    UTE b.jpg

40two, themoose and loudbang like this.
  28. verde742

verde742

O NO, !!!!

29. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the shot, but I am going to keep the uniqueness of the Ute being a unibody in the sense that the bed is not separate. Just going to refine the bulky wellside box sides and class it up a bit. I may have to forgo the sidemount spares or it may be too long to get the tires to sit low enough to look right.

loudbang likes this.
  30. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't have photoshop but I really like Themoose's rendering, but I think a little shorter top, a little longer and lower bed rail, and possibly removing the sidemounts(as much as I really wanted to keep them, I just don't know if I can make them work out on the Ford) Here is my butchery of Themoose's rendering. I would love having the ability to do photoshop to add a leaned back 36 grille and longer 36 style hood louvers. The shorter top will actually suck by adding a huge blind spot so will have swan style mirrors and possible a massaging of the top shape. Ute no side mounts.jpg

loudbang likes this.