Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '47-'48 MERCURY HUB CAPS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 2, 2021.

1. I really never paid that much attention to the Mercury hub caps and have been a big fan of the '48 Ford hub caps but on the All Deuce Run last week I really paid attention to just how well they look as I was following Bills roadster.

[​IMG]

I know finding a nice set of originals that are affordable is almost impossible but does anyone reproduce the Mercury hub caps, I was told Vintique had them but I haven't been able to find them on their site. HRP

kadillackid and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

They look really good on the roadster . I would like to get a good set of 1953 Merc caps someday for my F1.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Danny, It was me who indicated that they came from Vintique, not to be confused with Wheels Vintique. The set on my Roadster I got in a package deal from a fellow in N.J. a number of years ago. I bought the wheels, tires, caps and trim rings from him. He had bought a car from Oregon that had them on it and he wanted to go in a different direction. I see that they are available on E-Bay from Mac's and others, though they are quite expensive as in $76/ each! I bought another set a few years later as back-up from a third-party dealer I think in Arkansas or Missouri and think with shipping they were close to $300 for the set of four. They ain't cheap, but I like 'em, so what's a guy gonna do.:rolleyes:...Google them and I think you'll find them on E-Bay, maybe other dealers. Good luck.......Don. thumbnail.jpg 1024151020 (1).jpg 044-vi (1) (1).jpg

VANDENPLAS, i.rant, Hnstray and 2 others like this.
  4. ..................I saw a set of originals a few years ago at Carlisle. They were driver/ survivor quality, but not beat up. The fellow was asking $250. I offered him $200, but he wouldn't budge. Don't know if they sold or not.

VANDENPLAS likes this.

5. As Deuce Roadster use to say, " You can never pay too much you cam only buy too soon."

I guess I need to unload that set of original Sombreros I been hanging on to for the past 20 years. HRP

6. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Like you I never payed them an attention but they do look good.

7. Danny, this is the place that I got the set of caps from a few years ago. Can't say for sure if they are still around, but they were great people to work with at the time. Hope it helps......Don. 07122021.jpg

8. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

I got a set of originals and thought I could sell them. Checked ebay for a price and learned everyone is selling reproductions

9. ...There's still a market for the originals. Not everyone wants them "showroom shiny".:D

10. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

My previous post was supposed to quote the guy who mentioned the Sombrero hubcaps. When I bought my 1947 Mercury in 1967, the first thing I did was put the hubcaps in the trash. My father came home and acused me of making it a hotrod. Now it has a tilt front end and a 392 Hemi :)

11. ...............OOPS!:eek:

12. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Danny, don't you have a set of original sombrero's? maybe you could trade them for the Mercury hub caps.