Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Longtime HAMBer Fuel Pump passed away this morning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky77, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Lucky77

Lucky77

Way back in March of 2006 I was collecting parts for my first hot rod. I joined the H.A.M.B. and this Fuel Pump guy invited me to breakfast. It was Rich (Fuel Pump) Frank (Fab32) Steve (Hatch) and Donny (Donzi) Frank always gets a lot of the credit for showing me how to do things, but it was Fuel Pump who always kept me motivated. He had never ending enthusiasm when it came to seeing the younger guys succeed.

I was with him when he blew up his flathead showing me how they raced column shift cars back in the day and he never tired of telling stories from his days as a product rep and rubbing elbows with automotive royalty. After Hatch moved away, Donzi died, followed by Fab32 and BigCheese327 moved out east it ended up being just Rich and I for a while at our Wednesday lunches. Our final lunch was in November, it was the first time he’d driven in six months. He got sick a little while later (not Covid) and ended up in rehab facility, I just got the news an hour ago. So long my friend, thank you for your encouragement and eternal A191E8BF-15D1-4FD0-ADF5-3DD4B3D93C91.jpeg optimism.

2. Lil32, badgascoupe, Thor1 and 5 others like this.
  3. We have lost another long time member, I remember Rich well, he was driving this car when I joined the Hamb.. HRP

[​IMG]

Lucky77, Jeff Norwell, Lil32 and 13 others like this.
  4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So sorry Lucky77 that you've lost Rich and some other hot rodder friends recently.
    God bless Rich. Picture is a little bit fuzzy but I can still see that he's got a big smile. Well... another hot rodder in heaven. We'll be catching up with you, Rich.
    Don't be a stranger, Lucky77.

Lucky77, Lil32, Elcohaulic and 5 others like this.

5. Wow. So sorry for your loss. Praying for comfort for Rich's family and everyone affected by his passing.

Lucky77, Lil32, Thor1 and 3 others like this.
  6. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Man, that's a bummer. I always enjoyed when he'd post on here. Definitely one of the OG HAMBers that was well respected. Sorry for the loss of friend, buddy.

Whether you realize it or not, you're the old guy at Wednesday lunch now, and that role in mentoring the young guys is on you now.

Lucky77, Jeff Norwell, Lil32 and 7 others like this.
  7. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like one hell of a guy. Sorry for your loss and condolences to his family.

Lucky77, Lil32, Thor1 and 2 others like this.
  8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Already commented on your IG post but damn man. I’m sorry. I have a ton of nostalgia seeing that name and car, the hamb early days.Along with all the other breakfast bunch names.

9. Always sad to hear when a long time HAMBer passes away. I remember reading fuel pump's posts for quite sometime, and he was a wealth of knowledge.
    My deepest condolences for Rich's family and friends during this difficult time. Rest in peace, Amigo..........E

10. This is sadly happening too often.
    Sad news

Lucky77, Lil32, Thor1 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Dangerousdan

Dangerousdan
    from Arizona

Didn't know the man. But loosing a HAMBer is always a lost.

12. That's tough to hear. We need to spend as much time as possible with our elders and their wealth of wisdom and knowledge.

Lucky77, Lil32, Thor1 and 2 others like this.
  13. 26Troadster

26Troadster

14. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Sorry to hear this. Godspeed Rich. Lippy

15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Sincere sympathy goes out to his immediate Family & Friends, and the H.A.M.B. Family

16. Rest in peace, dude.

17. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

This one hits hard. Rich was one of the guys who really wanted to see younger hot rodders (Me) succeed in whatever they were doing. He never had anything bad to say about anyone. He's gonna be missed.

18. Deuces

Deuces

X2....:(

kidcampbell71, Lucky77, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  19. Fordors

Fordors

Sorry for your loss @Lucky77 , now it is up to you to carry the torch and keep younger rodders motivated.
    Godspeed Rich.

20. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Very sorry to hear our prayers RIP

Lucky77, Lil32 and Thor1 like this.
  21. Time waits for no one. Sadly a lot of our old guard here on the HAMB are getting up there. Many of us young guys that have been here for 20 years or more are now in our 50s. The guys older than us that talked about the older rodders are now THE older rodders. Always enjoyed his posts. Sad to hear of his passing.

Lucky77, 1oldtimer, Dan Hay and 2 others like this.
  22. williebill

williebill

So sorry to read this. I looked back, and saw that he hadn't been on here since early 2020. Yet, he was such a presence on here, that, even though I didn't know him, I remember how I always seemed to respect his posts. RIP

23. RIP Rich…it’s hard losing our old friends..prayers to his family and friends

24. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm not ready to go just yet, though I've knocked on the door once or twice. Fortunately for me no one was home at the time. But when I do go I would like someone to remember me the way you did your buddy with this post. They say you aren't gone as long as someone remembers you, if so it looks like your friend will be with you a long while.

Lucky77, 34 5W Paul, Lil32 and 9 others like this.
  25. Run In Peace.
    Please offer my condolences to all concerned.

26. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

After I joined I about shit after seeing Fuel Pumps 37. I instantly fell in love.
    After he sold it I kept teasing him about wishing he had it back.
    Gonna miss this old friend.

Lucky77, Thor1, flatheadpete and 2 others like this.
  27. AHotRod

AHotRod

Fuel Pump was cool and a important part of our HAMB Family.
    May God Rest his Soul

Lucky77, Thor1, Petejoe and 1 other person like this.