Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Super T 10 trans.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by homey chromey, Jul 9, 2021.

1. homey chromey

homey chromey

I think I know the answer but here goes. On a Borg Warner super T 10 trans. is there a tail shaft housing that offers a left side speedo. cable hook up? This T10 will have the 32 spline tail shaft.

2. I’m not certain about the Supers. ,,,,there were several different styles over the years .
    My T10 has a left speedo hookup,,,it’s from 1962 .
    F67FC571-482D-4CB9-9BD2-D6AB8226E8D7.jpeg
    Tommy

Deuces likes this.
  3. homey chromey

homey chromey

Why I am asking is because I want to take a super T10 2.88 first gear and use a left side speedo. I'm thinking the only way to do this is to change the main shaft to the 27 spline. So just wondering if super T10's ever had a left speedo.?

4. 1934coupe

1934coupe

I don't think so. All the ones I have and seen have speedo on the right. I bought a brand new one in 1980 for my 57 and never had the speedo connected for that very reason. I needed to get a longer speedo cable and housing. I never did.

Pat

5. homey chromey

homey chromey

I may end up using my Saginaw 2.84 first gear tranny. Using the 3 bolt tail housing (441) trans. does anyone know this measurement from the trans. face. on a Saginaw? I'm just trying to avoid cutting on the floor anymore. This is the shifter plate I will consider using. The Saginaw will be similar to the one used. The tape is on a typical Muncie for a compare.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  6. homey chromey

homey chromey

Still trying to figure this out and not butcher the car.
    Has anyone with a 62 Impala or any early 58-64 Impala replaced their early T-10 or Muncie with a Super T-10 trans.? The concern being the early tail housing has about 5 bolt holes for linkage plate mount and the later trans. only have one set of holes and upside down compared to the early transmissions. Is there a linkage mounting plate that retains the stock shifter location on these early Chevy's so you need not butcher your floor and retain your Speghetti shifter location while upgrading to a super T-10 or a later Muncie? How does the shifter plate mount bolt holes coincide with the earlier tail housing bolts? The earlier car tend to use 2 bolts up top forward bolts and one bottom.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  7. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Simply fab a different mounting plate .

seb fontana and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  8. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Try mocking it up, you might be ok.