Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Scammer tried to sell me a HAMB member car for 2K

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Binkman, Aug 8, 2018.

1. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One, on here, just tried to get my complete information for only a shipping quote?
    No thanks!!!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  2. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I strung a scammer along for a while who was offering a OT muscle car for $5000. Then I finally gave him the "You do know you are full of shit, right?" and he was gone.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

i’ve got a bridge to sell you… CFD1D1F1-5748-4F79-AFB3-8C727EBE803A.png

twenty8 and '34 Ratrod like this.
  4. Rand Man

Rand Man

I once had a guy “sell” me the same boat on about five different sites at the same time. Different prices too. Incredible deal.

5. Budget36

Budget36

Years back I came across a thread somewhere by a fellow in the UK, he strung a Nigerian Scammer along for awhile.
    One thing that stuck out in the thread is he told the guy before he would do the money thing, he needed to prove it was him. So he says something like “I need to see you holding a sign up “I lick bollux” or similar.
    Then shows a pic of a smiling Nigerian with the sign.

I don’t have the energy nor want to spend the time for that stuff.

6. X-cpe

X-cpe

You do realize that most of the people answering the phones (foreign or domestic) are just gullible, down on their luck people who answered an ad for a job that pays great in commissions (if and only if you can sell to every call that answers). After a week or two they figure out they could do better at an intersection one rush hour a week with a sign that says, "HOMELESS/GOD BLESS" and they leave to make room for the next super salesman. Not worth my time to punish some poor schlub who is only trying to get ahead, even if miss guided.

7. SilverJimmy

SilverJimmy

So I’m supposed to feel sorry for someone who knows they are committing a interstate or maybe even international crime? Nope, never going to. There is always an honest alternative to being involved in some form of crime, it’s just harder to do the right thing. And that’s all I have to say about that!

loudbang, twenty8, X-cpe and 2 others like this.
  8. cfmvw

cfmvw

I used to get emails from some deposed foreign dignitary who wanted to deposit a large sum of money into my bank account. I always replied that I would love to help him out, and to call me tomorrow... and give him the phone number to the FBI.

The best one I ever got was from the estate of a long-lost brother who struck it rich in oil but died before he could reach me. I have two brothers, and we had a good laugh over that one, even teasing Mom and Dad about "the family secret".

9. X-cpe

X-cpe

The guys on the phone are mostly dupes, it's the people who set up and run the robo-calls that I'd like to introduce to long sessions of intense physical and mental anguish that would leave them praying for a death that wouldn't come.

SilverJimmy, '34 Ratrod and Fordors like this.
  10. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

Some years ago I worked for UPS in International Shipment Resolution. A scam out of Canada promised people cash loans w/o collateral. Their ads appeared in small town newspapers in rural areas. Of course there was an application fee around $350.00. To avoid prosecution for mail fraud, they had people send money orders with UPS. A Customer I called sent the money and then, when he was told by the Canadian scammers they had not received his application (with payment), he sent a second application. You can imagine how hard it was to tell him he had been scammed - twice. Worst part is they knew the location of the scammers. Always wondered why some Canadian UPSers did not make an after hours visit and remodel the operation with baseball bats. "Action Directe" and Bader-Meinhof would have corrected the situation right away. They did not believe in "political correctness."

lothiandon1940 likes this.