Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you all drive to?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GrantH, Aug 10, 2006.

1. The sound of wind and bugs wizzing by my ears. :D

2. Steel Coupes

Steel Coupes
    from Midwest

3. BadLuck

BadLuck

Social Distortion,Tiger Army and Johnny Cash for now..

4. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

XM Fungus 53...punk. and every night at 6 its Hee Haw Hell which is all the 'billys in one show.

The rest is all Cds. Dropkicks, Rev, Clash, FEAR, D.O.A., Suicidal Tendencies, local stuff, etc

5. Beemer

Beemer

Lately, XM channels: Boneyard, Lucy, Ethel
    CDs: Pink Floyd, Motley Crue, or Manson (depending on the mood)

6. zootkandy

zootkandy

Whiskey Daredevils, Blazing Haley, Reverend Horton Heat, Brian Setzer, Stray Cats, Sasquatch and the Sickabillys, The Straight 8s, Hillbilly Hellcats, Lee Rocker, The Derailers, The Blacktop Rockets, The Bellfuries, Johnny Burnette, Belmont Playboys, Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent, Dwight Yoakam, Buddy Holly, Beach Boys, Jan & Dean, Del Shannon, so on and so forth...

7. Jbirds51

Jbirds51
    from Sac ca

Hahaha i cant get over how many of you have radios!All i ever seem to hear is the girl of the day complaining about her hair blowin' or the terrible :)) terrible odor of exhaust fumes!!!

8. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Southern Rock, or outlaw country, David Allen Coe today.

9. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Mars Volta, Evergreen Terrace, and Greely Estates.[/quote]

WHO THE HELL ARE THEY ?

10. GrantH

GrantH

lol check em all out. newer bands i guess you'd say. evergreen terrace has been around for quite a while, just recently getting out the name within that whole scene, but not blowing up while doing it. Mars Volta has been around for a while, not REALLY known, and greely estates i dont know there past. All is good music IMO. Also check out atmosphere, along with anyone else on Rhymesayers entertainment. Yes its hip hop, no its not "i ride 24's and shoot people", yes its good.

11. metalshapes

metalshapes

Yeah...

I've been listening to a lot of 15426378 and 13726548 lately.

I want to hear some 18436572 after I do some work.

And I have some 1243 and 1342 that I could listen too as well...:D

12. for me its mostly metal and i'm partial to the new orleans sludge-style(eyehategod,soilent green,suplecs,sourvein,bongzilla) but also love death metal(deicide,goatwhore,cephalic carnage,mortician)
    but since i'm probably the only one here who is into that stuff,i also listen to everything from awol-one to frank zappa and anyone in between.

13. Usually while in the Caddy its the Very Famous Cam and the TwicePipes:D The winter ride SRV, Sammy Hagar Queensryche or if I need to get somewhere quick its Sound Garden or Rob Zombie

14. swazzie

swazzie

uh . . . DEADBOLT of-course . . . swaZZie

15. Lets see, some suicidal tendencies, Rancid, LFATB, Lamb of god, slayer, The generators, reducers sf, the bodies, agnostic front, the disasters, i really don't feel like typing the whole list but just look @ my signiture,

16. GrantH

GrantH

suicidel tendancies and agnostic front i have to say are two bad ass bands.

17. Valve train, exhaust notes, and wind noise.

Music is just a distraction and I couldn't hear it anyway.

I listen to Dylan in the shop.

18. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

wednesday I drove the roadster into work and a bunch of people were checking it out. 3 of em asked straight out, "but where's the radio". I said it's too big to fit in the dash so I mounted it in front of the transmission. they looked at me a little funny for a minute

19. Exactly:cool:

Music is for parkin' if your mill don't play a song you like beef it.

20. FarmFresh

FarmFresh
    from Ames, Iowa

I like to listen for whats about to break.

21. bardahl1

bardahl1

try R.L. Burnside

22. 53SledSleeve

53SledSleeve

Suicidal Tendencies, SRV, Tiger Army, Reverend HH, Sworn Enemy, Koffin Kats, Rancid, Lars Fredriksen, Cash, CCR, Jimi Hendrix, Long Black Sedan, Dropkick Murphys. This just isn't for cruising, I listen to this all day every day either at home or everything I drive.

23. evilone0528

evilone0528

Im kinda freinds with the Straight Eights....they play at this local bar from time to time.Plus I have several I8 motors,.....lol

EVIL

24. I couldn't hear the stereo, so i took it out.

25. Dirk35

Dirk35

If your wanting to broaden you musical reptior, pull up some VNV Nation, Funker Vogt, KMFDM, SKinny Puppy, Girls under Glass, Front242, Covenant (you can even grab some stuff off YouTube).

Here is a few:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtQhDL8qrfI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqCJSoO9c78
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTSHPZ_-eho
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOaJvKHQpjg

Now, if your talking in your hot Rod, then half of us (me...... so thus I am assuming also the others) are too lazy to put a radio in BECAUSE we cannot even hear it over the engine anyway...........thus the replys of engine/muffler/pipe rappping.

BTW, Im 33 now, was was Infantry 11B for the 1st 12 years of Army..... I have to tape my knees before goign to concerts now.