Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Recreating the jesse lopez coupe

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by jivin jer, Aug 18, 2012.

1. So glad she's doing better, Jerry!!

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  2. loudbang

loudbang

Good to know that things are starting to look better. :)

brady1929 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. Glad to hear your wife is doing better. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to join a club and hit the doctor over the head with it. Repeatedly.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  4. great to hear your wife is doing better..

5. jivin jer

jivin jer

Well, being in this age group is quite the adventure. After the years of being there for my wife, the reaction from my body to responding to all the discipline that it took to make things work for her and myself, is massive amounts of sleep. I guess I was spared from all the trauma during the crisis to keep things working, now my body lets me know the hidden cost of all this. IT'S OK, thanks for the support. I should be back "on the job" soon.

6. jivin jer

jivin jer

Hey guys, my prior signature was " life is a period of adjustments", and I gotta make some. After getting this many years long nightmare diagnosed and on the correct meds, our issue is getting our stamina back, and its a slog. I'm going to have to remove some distractions and one of them is this project. I think it will probably take a couple of weeks concentrating on getting better. I'm gonna "get r done" for sure, just need a break, thanks again for the support.

7. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

I am here for you. Frank

loudbang likes this.
  8. Get better Jer.. take care

loudbang likes this.
  9. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Rest and recharge.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. loudbang

loudbang

Take a break we will be here when you feel charged up again. :)

brady1929 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

12. jivin jer

jivin jer

Just thought I'd check in. I was going to give you a detailed series of events that described "our" adventures with...wait for it, norovirus, yup why not. It lasts about 48 hours, not fun, but we're on the other side of it now, doing well. I'll spare you the details. I'm learning how to wean my body off of sleep medications which has enabled me to get the deep rem sleep that I need. Things are lookin up.

drdave, Peanut 1959, LAROKE and 4 others like this.
  13. jivin jer

jivin jer

It's checkin' in time again, I'm being impacted by the wife's recovery. Her meds from multiple sources turns out to be a big factor in her ability to function. As these are removed/changed there has been a remarkable transformation, she's sleeping in our bed for the first time in years. Some of the meds actually contribute to her disability, so she's being weaned of off those slowly but surely.

On a upbeat note, I slipped and fell in the back yard and have bruised my ribs on my left side. I've been here before, and it hurts real good, but the light at the end of the tunnel ISN'T A TRAIN, the adventure continues.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    drdave, loudbang, lurker mick and 2 others like this.
  14. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Good to see that you are checking in. You are in my thoughts and prayers

loudbang and AChopped1950ford like this.
  15. jivin jer

jivin jer

It's time to let you know that I'm still alive, I'm experiencing a pretty rapid recovery from these ribs. The data say's eight weeks, but I don't think it will be anything like that. It was a rough three days and then everything started to settle down. It's the extreme upper ribs on my left side, and I slept on that side last night, so things are much better and I can tell that each day is better than the last.

I'm trying to convince son Dan to help me get this project across the finish line. Thanks for your friendship.

16. loudbang

loudbang

Been there done that jumping on top of a misbehaving miscreant. They will still "pain you" a bit if you turn wrong even after a couple months. :(

17. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Glad you are healing. Frank

loudbang likes this.
  18. jivin jer

jivin jer

Well, nuthin is gettin done when it's high 90's and low 100's. My ribs are really doin well, that doesn't mean that you should rush out and try this yourself, don't. All it takes is one high strength Tylenol in the morning, and one at night. I can cough and sneeze real good, so I'm almost there.

We were out to dinner with the grandkids and family, and I mentioned that we were going to be welcoming a new member into the family pretty soon. The heads went up ,and I explained it's going to be a new knee. My eight year old asked " is it going to be like a robot?", I replied "kinda".

July 7th, more (this age group) fun. I've done a couple torn meniscus's before so I've got a sense about it, to a degree. I've got a pretty high pain threshold, so I have powered through these before. I've got the best doctor I can have for this, and when the physical therapists learn who your doctor is they say "his patient's all heal up fast", so I've got that.

I'm glad we're in this together.

drdave, rob-redm, lurker mick and 3 others like this.
  19. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

C3P0 will be your new name. Hope the replacement goes well. Frank

loudbang likes this.
  20. keep us posted on the new "knee" C3POJJ ! take car ...

loudbang likes this.
  21. jivin jer

jivin jer

With high temps and a looming knee surgery around the corner (oh boy), its difficult to get motiveated. G/ma has had some of her headaches and dizzy spells so we are hunkered down for this next month or so. She isn't at the place that she was, and has a new doctor that looks like he's very detailed and motivated, so we are definitely at a better place than we were.

Life is a period of adjustments (for some).

22. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

With the temperature hovering around triple digits it’s to stay out of the heat. Hope everything goes well with your bionic knee replacement. And the new Doc helps your wife. Frank

drdave, TrailerTrashToo and loudbang like this.
  23. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

The only Normal in Life is a cycle on your Washing Machine.it’s just Life

loudbang and drdave like this.
  24. jivin jer

jivin jer

Ok, pre-op was last Thursday, no problem. This is major surgery and I was sweatin" bullets' for a while, but God has given me a peace about all this, and that makes all the difference in the world.

I go in early Wednesday morning, and they're saying I should be home the next day. I'm told that hydrocodone is going to be the pain management tool. I'm a former hydrocodone addict, so I'm very familiar with it. I got hooked on it by using it recreationally, on those torn meniscus knee's. After not using it for about four days I started to get a little shake, along with being cold in my bed at night, and I had a little nauseous pit in my stomach. When I realized what this was, I told my geezer "crew" about it and they said "hey, you're halfway there, another three days of "cold turkey' and your done". My first thought was , oh no, I'm not going three more days of this, (we've all seen the movies). I got back on them and started shaving tablets, The result was a nice smooth landing.

The adventure continues. Thanks for being there.

25. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Keep us informed on your progress. Frank

LAROKE and loudbang like this.
  26. Praying for your surgery Jerry and the recovery....especially concerning the meds. :)

LAROKE and loudbang like this.
  27. jivin jer

jivin jer

I'm finally home, hurts like hell.

Attached Files:

drdave, LAROKE and loudbang like this.
  28. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

1st step on the road to recovery. Thinking about you.

loudbang likes this.
  29. Hang in there Jerry! I know you’re gonna do great...perseverance has been something you are clearly good at.

loudbang likes this.
  30. loudbang

loudbang

Found this last night maybe it will cheer you up. :) The caption was something like "A crowd of people admiring Jesse's custom"

1 aa jesses coupl jiven jerr.jpg

drdave, LAROKE and Joe Blow like this.