Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest R.I.P. Steve Park

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DenverFlash, Jul 8, 2021.

1. DenverFlash

DenverFlash

Today I very sadly discovered that Steve Park (LM14) passed away on June 8th.
    His obit is listed at www.waglerfuneralhome.com.
    Many of you will remember his tremendous thread documenting with great detail and lots of photos the building of his '32 5-window. He really had impressive skills and built that car very quickly. It really turned out nice and it seems he got to enjoy it for awhile. In some of his posts he openly detailed the cancer treatments and challenges he was going through, but he kept on working on that car.
    I never met him, but we corresponded a few times since I am building a '32 using the same FG body.
    Rest in piece my online friend.

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Sincere sympathy goes out to his Family, immediate friends and his friends here.

3. So sorry to hear. Steve was a trooper to keep working through his treatments, to complete his Deuce.

4. swifty

swifty

Sad to read this as I followed Steve's build from start to finish. I was amazed at his determination as it is hard to keep your motivation when you are 100% fit but Steve did not let his sickness stop him from working on his coupe. His skills and mindset was amazing. I PM'd him with a question re his build and he was only too happy to help with info and pics.
    RIP Steve

5. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

6. God Bless Steve and all of his family.

7. DenverFlash

DenverFlash

49ratfink, loudbang, Lil32 and 5 others like this.
  8. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

My condolences to his family and friends. Tough to see stories like this.

9. 31Apickup

31Apickup

So sad to hear, I followed his thread n the build. My condolences to his family and friends.

10. Papas32

Papas32
    from No.Ia.

My condolences , always followed his build.

11. Really sad to hear this .
    I just read through his build thread,,,,,,he quit posting to it about the time I started my treatments.
    I can really understand what he was going through,,,,it is a tough existence.
    My heart goes out to his family and friends !

Tommy

12. Deuces

Deuces

13. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

He was a good guy.

rbrewer, 49ratfink, loudbang and 6 others like this.
  14. Damn. His family is in my thoughts. Loved his coupe! It was perfect to me.

15. alchemy

alchemy

This is oh so sad. He was a real trooper and very positive every time I saw or talked with him. You could not tell he was suffering or sore, he just kept on talking about his car builds. I think we met in person only a half dozen times, but I sure feel confident I can call him a friend.

I wish sincere condolences to his wife and family.

16. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

That's very sad news. I followed his build with interest as it was always so well written and photographed.
    My condolences and prayers to family and friends.

rbrewer, 49ratfink, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A Valiant Strong willed Man and a Fighter...Condolences to the Park Family and Friends on the passing of Steve...Kitty Hair and Hotrods Hamber...may he rest in Peace...

Regards,
    Stogy

rbrewer, 49ratfink, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  18. Sad to read about his and other HAMB guys that are going through this kind of issue. Last year I lost a great lady who started the road in 1983 with her removal - she was a trooper and kicked back through the years and I hope all that go through will kick back too !

19. Sometimes this ole' world we live in .. ... just plain hurts. :(

Positive thoughts & prayers for his family.

20. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Rip Steve, I enjoyed your fighting spirit and the way you built your projects.
    An amazing talent, I really liked following your 32 build.
    God bless your family and friends as they remember your life and cope with their grief.

21. Lil32

Lil32

Prayers to Family

22. loudbang

loudbang

Wow so sorry to read this. I followed his build and enjoyed his style of writing and his indubitably spirit and courage to continue on whatever his problems were.

The only good thing is he got to see and drive his coupe before leaving this world. :(

23. echo ed

echo ed
    from fla.

Did not know Steve Park but enjoyed seeing him build his coupe & get to enjoy it, especially liked the pictures with his grandchildren. He was a talented person, best wishes to his family.

24. reagen

reagen

Prayers R I P

Lil32, rbrewer, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  25. catdad49

catdad49

Sad times for Many people. Hopefully, Steve’s Family and Friends know what an inspiration he has been to the folks of the H.A.M.B. Farewell, Hot Rodder.

26. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Most sincere condolences to his family and all of his friends.

Lil32, rbrewer, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  27. RIP Steve, you showed what a positive attitude is all about and how to live life.

Lil32, rbrewer, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  28. Oh man, that is bad news. Never met him, but, that build thread was insanely precise. The kind of build that gets a guy motivated to get out in the garage. Godspeed

Lil32, rbrewer, loudbang and 4 others like this.