Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

SOLD

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by midnightrider78, Jun 30, 2021.

1. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

City: Ankeny

State: Iowa
    Price: $7500
    I am selling my 1938 Ford Standard Tudor humpback/trunkback. I got this car in December and had been planning on doing the little things it needs and just having a nice driver. But, an old motorcycle I used to own(sentimental attachment) is going to be coming up for sale soon and would rather put my time and money into that.

Good clear title. 2" drop spring in front, 85hp V8 with Edmunds intake and dual carbs, 12v, electric fuel pump and newer tank, was told the stock gauges were gone through by previous owner, interior is pretty clean but does have a couple small holes in the seats(see pics). I just replaced all 4 wheel cylinders and the master cylinder. Brake shoes are good. New rear park brake cable. I repacked the rear wheel bearings and replaced the seals. The front wheel bearings were repacked by the previous owner. I also greased everything this spring. The car came from the southwest 8 or 10 years ago(NM, NV, AZ cant recall which). The body and paint was done years ago and is(in my opinion) driver quality. A spot in the floor(under driver's feet) and the tail panel has had some amateur patching. Otherwise the car appears to be solid. I have not had it running. The previous owner drove it a while and said one day it died and wouldn't start again(he thought it may be the coil). But he was at an age where he was beginning to have some physical limitations and(I think) was tired of paying somebody else to work on the car.
    $7500 cash

If I can sell it as is without losing money I will. If not, I'll get it running and put a higher price on it

38F1.JPG 38F2.JPG 38F3.JPG View attachment 5105127 38F engine.jpg 38F interior 1.JPG 38F interior 2.jpg

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    catdad49 and gary macdonald like this.
  2. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

3. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

Car is gone. Sad to see it go. But, hopefully this enables me to get my old Harley bought back.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    gary macdonald likes this.