Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Time To Crack Down

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Time To Crack Down

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. :) Nice!

Hooligans after the hooligans.

'34 Ratrod and Jet96 like this.
  3. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I heard they were after the hidden supply of black pearls from Hilo Hatti's vault.
    Was Geraldo there??? Or was that gig now for Ryan??

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  4. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd like to see a picture of that 1962 "Hot Rod". A dime will get you a dollar it wouldn't qualify as such on here.

Anyway, "Dragnet" covered this subject adequately in 1954, complete with a reference to the NHRA and Wally Parks.

5. Damn hoodlums.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  6. adam401

adam401

If old TV shows have taught me anything, they should open a drag strip and have a hot rod club started at the local high school with an involved supportive police officer. Thats what always happens and always gets everyone to straighten up and fly right. Right? Also if you live in the city and have a crime problem you can build a community center and teach everyone to box. Again problem solved. Thankyou television.

7. Rand Man

Rand Man

My daughter will not be found inside one of those contraptions. I say have some sort of round up. There there should be some sort of journal to document their delinquent ways.

8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, like jalopy journal...too soon?

9. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Cool article. reminds me of some punk kid peeling out of an NSRA meet putting all the participants in peril. :)

10. So we're not hoodlums anymore? Is the hamb changing to a community of Prius owners that abide by the laws and don't use middle fingers to signify the number of parents they have o_O I'm confused. Maybe, the hot rodders in question here was testing the durability of their old car in this neighborhood before taking it to the highway? Ryan endures an ice storm in Austin Texas, moves to Hawaii, the HAMB becomes friendly and anti hot rod, and my cat runs away..... what in the hell is happening!!! ;):p:D

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

even today there are problems in Hawaii with no place open for drag racing, and more - there still is land space ear marked for a multi-racing facility on Oahu but, no true support to develop - speaking of street hoodlums, Big Daddy Roth's last Rat Fink Show in Dec , 2000 at Mooneyes was shut down by the Police because of complaints about burn outs, extra loud exhaust, etc - He used his shows, etc to raise funds for his favorite charity - I was with him as he cried his eyes out sitting on a curb, along with support by Larry Watson, because of idiots disrespecting what he was doing - so, it is not all innocent fun

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  12. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In the spirit of the great film " Cassablanca " where Captain Louis Renault, says to Rick Blaine, " I am shocked that there is gambling going on in this establishment "

So in that element, I am shocked, that there was reckless driving and hooliganism going on, back in 1962, that night in Kailua !
    I am shocked (2).jpg

chryslerfan55 and williebill like this.
  13. twenty8

twenty8

I'm not sure this will help. We have the same problem with the shit happening on the streets out here in Australia. Both the town I live in, and the next closest town have 1/8th mile strips, and it doesn't seem to be the answer.

I will say that I don't think it is "hot rodders" in the traditional sense that are the problem. More the street-machine and tuner/drift crowd, at least out here. Burn out competitions at car shows and 'furious' type movies have a large impact on behaviour it seems................:rolleyes::)

chryslerfan55 and dirty old man like this.
  14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

there is a lot of action going on right now around that track… it’s gonna happen. Of course, that has been said before… but… :)

chryslerfan55 and Jalopy Joker like this.
  15. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

Oval tracks, that's the answer! What's the question?

twenty8 likes this.
  16. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Ought to see whats going on in the center of CT.

17. Perhaps the interior of Diamond Head would work ?

18. gene-koning

gene-koning

All I can say is its probably a really good thing I didn't have access to 700+ HP when I was 16. Things today are way more different then they were back then. Each generation pushes the show off envelope a little farther, and all that envelope pushing started before I was born. I'm a product of the class of 1974, it would be a lot harder to impress the guys I hung around with when I was 16 now, then it took to impress them back then. I did some really stupid chit back then, it would require some insanely stupid chit these days and the available insanely stupid HP available to the kids of today make it easy to show off at a much higher level.

I am pretty happy I was born back then, I'd hate to have to compete today. Gene

19. chief Liu was lacking a law to put a lull to the loud hooligan's lakepipes

20. Budget36

Budget36

I kinda understand YOUR cat;)

63fdsnr, alanp561, bchctybob and 2 others like this.
  21. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In non-technical terms, the world is out of plumb. If we get everybody plumbed up, level and square, we'll be alright again;)[​IMG]

22. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Plumbs give me the shits. :rolleyes:

Deuces, 63fdsnr, Chili Phil and 4 others like this.
  23. Lippy please PM me i want the 64 plymouth

24. I always used to wonder how Magnum could get away with breaking land speed records in a Ferrari he was too tall for. on an island too small to turn a 79 lincoln around in

Deuces, SlamIam, Texas57 and 3 others like this.
  25. I lived on 0ahu and watching 5 o was funny if you knew the Island , you see the car ripping thru a turn when it gets out of the turn it is on the other side of the island .

Deuces and alanp561 like this.
  26. 2935ford

2935ford

It's about time they crack down on those hoodlums!

27. bchctybob

bchctybob

Even out here in the boonies where it's hard to find 50 feet of straight road I see some crazy tire marks and hear folks going through the gears late at night. Boys will be boys..... even in Hawaii

Deuces and Budget36 like this.
  28. milosmith

milosmith

Maybe they should raise the purchase price for a decent hot rod up until the hooligans can't afford them any more...

Oh wait - that has already happened!