Register now to get rid of these ads!

34 Vicky Dick Dean Pre-Cali Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by neo_pop_71, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Well: I guess i got it loaded but had to resize so much it appears distorted. Maybe a magnifying glass will help.?

2. neo_pop_71

neo_pop_71

Thank you for all the time and kindness, I really appreciate the efforts you and the other H.A.M.B.ers have put it to this thread! A few days ago, there were plenty of questions and no answers... now so much has been filled in!

Thanks again for everything!

Stogy likes this.
  3. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

If you saw that car today, it would “literally shock you”. My fellow “Oldtimer” member Scott owned this car for a lil while. He knew it’s history and really didn’t want to change its personality. He decided to pass it on to the next enthusiast and it was non other than “Rrr!!! Tim The Tool Man Taylor!!!” Aka Tim Allen. Tim’s had Bodie Stroud (BS Engineering) working on it, (Lots if metal work), not sure if it’s all completed by now. It was to have a alternative type of power plant. I seem to recall watching its progress in perhaps You-Tube?

pprather likes this.
  4. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice to see a NINE year old thread come back, Great looking car!

Bob

timwhit and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. Everybody must of have taken pics of that car; it seemed to have a neat look; here are a couple I took.
    34 vicky 1 (Medium).jpeg 34 vicky 2 (Medium).jpeg

timwhit and kidcampbell71 like this.
  7. Remember the Car Well.... Liked it best in Black...

timwhit likes this.
  8. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

I looked it up.
    They seriously fucked up a great car!!!
    They killed its soul. Sad

Cyclone Kevin and kidcampbell71 like this.
  9. goldmountain

goldmountain

I've always liked this car. Was shocked to find out it is becoming the Tim Allen electric car but got over that. Looking forward to how it turns out.

timwhit likes this.
  10. 34Larry

34Larry

Intentionally modifying this 34 is sacrilege, ie:
    (violation or misuse of what is regarded as sacred.)
    except in the case of those gwad awful headlights, which were/are
    worse than the quad lights installed in mine at one time. [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Cyclone Kevin is right, I did purchase the car with the intentions of preserving its long history, I was fortunate to have contact Jack P.
    Unfortunately the car required much more than my ability’s to fabricate and save the chassis. After advertising the car for a long period I was contacted by Tim Allen’s assistant who did not tell me who was purchasing the car until I received the money. They asked for all the documentation and photos I had of the history, luckily I kept some, I did not think he would have F&@ked it up since he is from Detroit and should have recognized the significance.

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Tens of thousands of Rat Rods in the world and they had to stuff an electric motor in that car?

Stogy, Jim Bouchard and kidcampbell71 like this.
  13. X-cpe

X-cpe

Always start with the best you can afford, right?

The37Kid likes this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's a transitional time in History and there will be a time when the only way to run these old birds is to convert them as oil will be gone...it's truly OT around here and I'm sure driving these old non or minimal emission controlled vehicles is going to begin to cost more and more as the noose wraps around big oils neck and our pocketbooks...I don't like the thought of it any more than most of you...

I really like that Hotrod, always have especially with the Caps...and it's a post 65 build with inspiration in the Hamb era...which gets it in the gate as a bit of a Hybrid of Hotrod and Custom...

When I was selling my 30 A Coupe a company phoned trying to strike a deal for a customer that had that conversion in mind...didn't transpire as price dictated a pass...

Again Unusual and uncharted times for our passion in Hotrod/Custom...:oops:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    X-cpe likes this.
  15. The37Kid

The37Kid

Rule #2 Just because you can afford it, doesn't make it right.

X-cpe and kidcampbell71 like this.
  16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The article about the 1934 Vicky, states the wrong builder, it was built by Ray Hosh, and was also worked on by Dick Dean, in the 1950's...I stand corrected...but it has had a fair bit of post 65 upgrading...love to see it during its 1950's heyday for provenance...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  17. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Tim Allen has the build of the car documented on his YouTube channel (for some reason they broke it up in very short videos that are only around two minutes each, so there are literally hundreds of them.) I watched the first three or four and it was inferred he was very conscious of the car's history. They also indicated there was a fair amount of rust repair required once it was torn down.

Stogy and Cyclone Kevin like this.
  18. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Lead does not RUST!!

Stogy likes this.
  19. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Bill Hines did the headlights, see full story on Kustomrama

The37Kid, kidcampbell71 and Stogy like this.
  20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jim Bouchard likes this.
  21. alchemy

alchemy

I don't care how much rust is in the car, it doesn't deserve an electric motor!

22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I will run gas till I can't anymore...I hope it has surround sound tunable Motor sounds and exhaust notes...and exterior remains a Salute to its Past Glory...

X-cpe, Jim Bouchard and The37Kid like this.
  23. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Brodie is an excellent builder but restoring a period car is more on the lines of Bill Ganahl, for example, The car was composed of various panels in the original construction, the deck lid was 2 pieces butted together, Ganahl would have restored the original metal, to save the soul of the car, Brodie reskinned this, the headlights were a little crooked but fabricated by Bill Hines in his early days in Detroit, Tim had them cut off and perfectly reinstalled, its his car but the soul is gone... Money does not mean Taste, Style or Sense.... By the way the car had very little Rust....

24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes that's quite a departure from it's former heyday...:oops:...glass would have been lighter and more fitting...definately a little bittersweet.