Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '33 ford truck

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 2345.coupe, Jul 27, 2020.

1. fooling around with colors, wet sanding, firewall experimentation.jpg firewall experimentation1.jpg firewall experimentation2.jpg to try to make her "look" old.....

2. after modifying the passenger side of the firewall again, the cab is finally centered....now on to the next task..... 33 cab centered.jpg 33 cab centered1.jpg 33 cab centered2.jpg 33 cab centered3.jpg

3. you've been busy! Looks like it moving along nicely.

loudbang likes this.
  4. thanks vthead, she's slowly coming alone....

loudbang likes this.
  5. rattle can paint job...1st coat.... rattle can paint job...1st coat.jpg rattle can paint job...1st coat1.jpg

brEad, 40FORDPU, Lil'Alb and 2 others like this.
  6. I know its a 28-29 model a rear fender , but the front fender and running board ,I'm not sure of.... fenders and running boards.jpg fenders and running boards1.jpg fenders and running boards2.jpg

set me on fire and loudbang like this.
  7. my subtle rattle can two tone paint job.... subtle rattle can two tone paint job.jpg subtle rattle can two tone paint job1.jpg subtle rattle can two tone paint job2.jpg subtle rattle can two tone paint job3.jpg

8. Rattle away! Lookin good....hey you are missing a fender:rolleyes:

loudbang and 2345.coupe like this.
  9. fenders & running boards bolted on..... fenders & running boards.jpg fenders & running boards1.jpg fenders & running boards2.jpg fenders & running boards3.jpg fenders & running boards4.jpg

brEad, 40FORDPU, chevyfordman and 5 others like this.
  10. SPEC

SPEC

32 front fenders, 33-34 truck fenders has a hump to clear the front cross member. Your Trucks looks great.

loudbang likes this.
  11. Looks like the truck I drove when I was in the service back in 65! Looks great.

loudbang likes this.
  12. studebaker46

studebaker46

truck is looking good. Lately I have developed a desire for a 32 thru 34 p/u. And the model A rear fender looks right at home. Tom

loudbang and continentaljohn like this.
  13. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Truck looks great and love the idea on the model a fenders. Looks like you’re going to be driving very soon

loudbang likes this.
  14. thanks SPEC, now I know what the front fenders are......

thanks vtwhead....

thanks Tom

thanks continentaljohn.....lots more to do , but I'm getting closer each day to driving her.....

loudbang likes this.
  15. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

question, is the alt. set up to run in that spot ? ... i run mine on the left side but with an A shell the adjuster arm sticks out 1/2" too far to clear the hood... thanks.

16. shorty water pump swap plus aluminum crank pulley and a CVF Racing SBFS1WP-FR water pump pulley ,put me right were I need to be to run a full hood..... shorty water pump.jpg aluminum water pump pulley.jpg aluminum water pump pulley1.jpg aluminum water pump pulley2.jpg aluminum water pump pulley3.jpg

17. she's coming alone, I'm wiring now, so every time I see something else to do on the truck , I do that instead of wiring. I'm getting there slowly. Few wiring issues I'm not sure of so I'll ask my buddy to come over to set me straight..... plus I got a new project, that interferes with my concentration..... 33 ford truck progress.jpg 33 ford truck progress1.jpg 33 ford truck progress2.jpg 33 ford truck progress3.jpg 33 ford truck progress4.jpg 33 ford truck progress5.jpg 33 ford truck progress6.jpg 33 ford truck progress7.jpg 33 ford truck progress8.jpg 33 ford truck progress9.jpg 33 ford truck progress10.jpg

18. Looking good. Wiring can be a challenge at times. Don't forget to add a fusible link.

loudbang likes this.
  19. she's almost done.....made it to the 2021 Adirondack Nationals in Lake George Saturday...(9-11-21) 33 ford truck done.jpg 33 ford truck done1.jpg 33 ford truck done2.jpg 33 ford truck done3.jpg 33 ford truck done4.jpg 33 ford truck done5.jpg 33 ford truck done6.jpg

WTF really, brEad, Hotrodmyk and 7 others like this.
  20. loudbang likes this.
  21. 1971 351w, stock heads, MSD distributor, stock cam

osage orange and loudbang like this.
  22. I like that, especially over a bored and stroked 302. I'm using a similar 351W (it's a '77 with Edelbrock heads because the stockers were too roached out to rebuild) and an RV cam to power my '29AA. Like you, had to give up some precious leg room to get the engine in and haven't determined how much room I'll have between the water pump and radiator.

loudbang likes this.
  23. shorty water pump swap plus aluminum crank pulley and a CVF Racing SBFS1WP-FR water pump pulley

loudbang likes this.