Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Looking for info on parts interchange on a 1936 dodge d2 4door

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by powerwagon, Jul 4, 2021.

1. powerwagon

powerwagon
    from CT

Hi all I am working on a 1936 dodge d2 4 door. I basically purchased a rolling shell so I am working on getting parts. Not sure where I'm going with the build. Not stock that much I know. I have a 270 hemi that I've had for years and that is why I picked this car up. I am getting another car for parts but still not all the parts of course. I picked up a set of rear fenders and it appeared they would fit but I tried today and no way. Shape is not quite right and they are to long. Was told they were 35-38 1 know there not 35 or 36 as they have the holes for taillights in the fenders. Does anyone know is 37 on up fill fit the 36 body?

Thanks for any help Don.

Attached Files:

2. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Curious as well, just picked up a pair of 1936 Dodge rear fenders and hoping they will fit my 1937 Desoto.

3. gene-koning

gene-koning

Finding good body parts for any 30s Mopar is going to be a challenge. There were several changes in the car bodies during that decade, especially before 1939, some minor, some major. Add to that many people group all Chrysler production cars together thinking they are all the same (which they are not), people will sell you parts off of a Plymouth and tell you they will fit your Dodge. Often the parts are incorrectly identified, for that matter, often the cars are misidentified!
    Generally (very generally), the Mopar era cars are grouped as 29-31, 32-34, 35 -36, 37-39, and 40-41 but Chrysler offered some difference between the years as well, some were stand alone vehicles. Fenders may bolt to the body, but not running boards, and not the grille surrounds. An entire nose (front fenders, hood, and grille surround) may be interchanged as a unit between the year (and make) groups. Coupes and sedans are usually different. Plymouth made a small car and a larger car, some larger Plymouth parts fit the same years Dodge, some don't. Some Dodge parts fit Chryslers of the same years, some don't. Very few Plymouth parts fit the Chryslers.

If you are modifying your car body, it may be easier to modify the mounting method then it would be to find good parts that actually fit on your car. Gene

4. mopar362000

mopar362000

35 fenders do not have revell at wheel opening.Coupe fenders are different than sedan.I do not think any other years will work.Wheelbase on dodge and plymouth are different.Jimmie

Frankie47 likes this.

5. 9200 IH

9200 IH

Those fenders look just like the fenders on my 37 Plymouth 2 dr sedan slant back.

6. Country Joe

Country Joe

Those pictures are too close for me to tell what you have there . I had a 36 dodge 4door and it had a 36 dodge coupe rear fender. Perfect fit I believe they are the same but the coupe had the tail lights on the fender so there was 3 mounting holes just under the filler neck. I have a set of 36 dodge fiberglass rear fenders. they are two inches wider than stock. If you're interested.

7. squirrel

squirrel

from hollanders. 114 is 35 dodge rear fender. This list shows what fits

fender.jpg

Tman likes this.
  8. goldmountain

goldmountain

How about submitting a picture of the whole car so that we have more to go on?

stillrunners likes this.
  9. Love my old Hollanders like this Jim - with the wreckers input on what would fit - sometimes in the back of the Hollanders there are pages of what will "fit".

10. Guy Patterson

Guy Patterson

1937 fenders will not fit a 1936