Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Installing dual carbs on a '37/38 Buick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobj49f2, Jul 2, 2021.

1. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

This post is a continuation of my search for information of installing a dual carb set up in my '37 Buick. I have a '40~ engine in the '37, I also have the complete dual carb set up from a '41-42 248. I am satisficed that I am getting all the information about the carbs from Carbking but I am still wondering how to mount the carbs to they set level so I can use the stock air cleaner. The engines in the '37/38 cars sit level while the later model cars sit at a slight slant toward the back. The carb mounting surface on the intake manifold is a slant to correspond to the slant of the engine. I need to have the top of the carbs be level and equal height to use the stock air cleaner. I would like to see what others have done that did this installation. I'm thinking maybe aluminum blocks machined with an angle but then I'd still have mounting bolts at an angle.

2. HSF

HSF
    from Lodi CA

Angled spacers with elongated mounting bolt holes to compensate for the angle. Shouldn't take much.

3. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

BTT. Anyone have pictures of what they did to use the dual carb set up in a '37/38?

4. bobj49f2

bobj49f2