Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Hunter alignment machines

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mrholmquist, Jun 28, 2021.

1. mrholmquist

mrholmquist

A page has been opened up discussing and passing along information pertaining to older Hunter and other alignment machines . There is some technical information available and always looking for more information

2. mrholmquist

mrholmquist

3. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

A friend of mine wrote some of their technical manuals.

4. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

I trained for a week at Hunter in Stowe. Man I'd like to be that young again.

stillrunners and X-cpe like this.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

First alignment machine I ever used was the John Bean Visualiner in the Firestone store on 7th and Washington in Waco, Texas in the early 70's and that machine was probably mid 60's at best. I'd bet it is still in the building as I think the county uses the building for storage.
    With it's big screens that the head units projected light beams onto on a grid.
    They were a great sales aid once you learned to use them .

stillrunners likes this.
  6. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

We bought a Hunter after none of the shops in the area could do cars with "skirted" quarter panels. The new ones are all four corner machines that only work with completely exposed tire/wheels.

stillrunners likes this.
  7. Funny you should mention the skirted - brought in my 1965 Dodge wagon and after they rolled it up on the four way alignment thing - they all said - we're going to have to do this on the old alignment pit.....hell I could have told them that ! I had just done all the ball joints, tie rods and bushings and just wanted the front end aligned.