Register now to get rid of these ads!

chevy 350 distributer won't drop in

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sololobo, Jul 9, 2013.

1. nimrodracing50

nimrodracing50

Just an FYI, some intake manifolds have different heights. An extra gasket may be necessary. Al

2. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

Cut the gear off the bottom of the distributor and it will slide right in, I just did that with one of my motors, now I just have to figure out why I'm having spark issues and I'm in business.

3. sololobo

sololobo

Rocky, S.O.T. is for our Automotive Brotherhood, the South Omaha Turds. You knew it and just wanted to see it in print! And yes, we were lucky to have found it, this motor sat in Dick Warsocki' garage for a couple of years and was covered up properly, must have been the previous caretaker that let the bolt slip in. Now to get it runnin and drivin. rock on buddy ~sololobo~

4. George Demetriou

George Demetriou

If you removed the helical drive gear from the distributor shaft, did you accidentally replace it upside down?

5. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I know he found the problem, but, When installing an intake manifold on a rebuild, leave the intake loose and stab the distributor in then tighten the intake bolts. Tjhen pull the distributor back out and put it back in when your ready to time it. I Had a mag or distributor not want to go in because the intake was a little off. I'll shut up now.:D Lippy

loudbang and Ebbsspeed like this.
  6. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the HAMB! Most newbies don't bring up an 8 year old thread as their first posting.

By the way, a suggestion to check the orientation of the gear was mentioned in post #18.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  7. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Maybe if we can get distributor in we can get that flywheel to fit alsoooooo. jus sayin

squirrel likes this.
  8. squirrel

squirrel

...using our time machine....

Moriarity likes this.