Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods NW Chicago suburbs restoration work

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FordMercMan, Jun 17, 2021.

1. FordMercMan

FordMercMan

Does anyone remember or know of a Hamber from Batavia, Il that does restoration work?
    Saw his name on a thread one time, but can't find it now. If I remember correctly he does metal work and fabrication, maybe out of his home?

2. tractorguy

tractorguy

Might be a long shot, but I am sure you will get to talk to a great guy one way or the other. About 6mos. ago, I had some leftover quickchange and sprint car stuff that I was getting rid of. Got a call from Matt Werksman 224-622-5475. We made arrangements for him to come up to Wisconsin to look at my stuff. We had a great chat about all things race car, hot rods, engine building, fabrication etc. Sounds like he has a very busy shop, with a wide variety of skills. His dad was very well known for some of his builds. Matt is in a northern suburb of Chicago, but maybe not all the way to Batavia (where I once lived). Give him a call, tell him I said hello and if he can't do the work you need, he can probably point you in the right direction. Have fun
    Allan

3. FordMercMan

FordMercMan

Thank you Allan, I will give him a call.

4. flatford39

flatford39

I remember a guy in Batavia that worked out of his attached 2 car garage. Did high end
    ferraris and porsches only but was a way above average craftsman. Can't recall his name sorry.

5. FordMercMan

FordMercMan

Thanks Phil this is great info. I will go check that one out.

pprather likes this.
  6. FordMercMan

FordMercMan

That might be the guy. He sounded like he was retired and was just willing to do small restoration projects. I woke up recently, realized how old I am, and decided if I wanted to get any of the multiple
    projects done in my lifetime, I better get some help, fast.

quick85, pprather and stanlow69 like this.