Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is this $500 '37 Plymouth a no brainer?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 63CadGuy, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Nicholson

Nicholson

Yea, still have dial up! Okay got them deleted. Hey Rodshop your car looks good.

2. I like that without fenders, looks good.

3. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

Those 37 Plymouths make nice rods, Just please put a mopar engine in it. Might be just me but I hate seeing cool old mopars with Chevy engines under the hood,

4. jerryjagger

jerryjagger
    from salinas Ca

Yeah! Get after it and buy that thing.

5. They made something like 250,000 '37 Plymouths. We just brought in a '37 tudor in a lot worse shape than that and paid a lot closer to that price than I'd care to admit. The damn grille is worth $300-$400 alone. I would have already bought the car on the spot, myself -

6. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

NO! NO! NO! Don't believe a word these guys are saying! It's a heap of shit. It's gunna cost you a ton of cash to get what ever its missing. Nothing but Mopar motors fit in those. It's way over priced. They are the most uncool cars you can hot rod. It's going to take a lot of work just to strip off all the stuff you don't want, then you will have to find a place to get rid of all that junk.

But if you feel you must, I have just a body shell for a 37 Plymouth coupe, mine even has some rust for you to get experance dealing with. Since mine is already stripped of anything and everything, I would consider an even up trade. You know just to save you all that work.... Wadda ya think? Should I round up a trailer to bring my fine stuff to your place and haul that nasty old car home, um, I mean, haul it away?

You do have it at your place by now, Right?
    Gene

7. Cranium

Cranium

I'd love to see that thing with a sweet slant 6 in it.

8. Deluxe

Deluxe

That's a super-cool car and would make an awesome rod! It'll be tons of work, but the work is half the fun, right? It's a coupe, and fairly rare, so if it's throwing good vibes your way, then do it!

Deluxe

9. Jdee

Jdee

They sure had some wild paint on their dashboards. :D
    [​IMG] jdee

10. Wow, that dash is cool.

11. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Good looking car, needs a hartop chop like Cleatus' Chevrolet.

I'd bag it man. Guaranteed, it won't be worth as much when done as a '32-36 Ford, but it is different and won't be worthless. That car has a nice shape.

Attached Files:

12. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I know a guy that might buy the bumpers. So you would might have at least some of your money back. He also needs a gas tank if it would be the same as a '39 and usable.

13. Cletus's car is one of the cars that got me interested in this year car, that thing is badass!

14. Jason455

Jason455

What the hell? How do you keep finding 500 dollar coupes? Looks real good to me.

15. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

Hemi Gasser!!!! :d

16. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

I'd have that $500 in the guy's hand so quick that it would give him friction burn.

Here's what I bought to start with - which I'm embarrased to say that I payed several times that amount for (yes, I am in-fact a dumbass).

I could have saved myself years of work if I'd gotten ahold of something as nice as that!

Attached Files:

17. 53burb

53burb

Soooooooo! Is it in yer driveway or garage yet? It better be. That thing is going to look great when put together. It is not what the value will be when ya get it done and on the road. It is how kool you'll look pullin up to the shows and stepping out of it! KNUX!

18. YAH whats up? If ya pass, let me know I'll hock my wife (somebody else can support her QVC shit:rolleyes: )

19. 53burb

53burb

That was funny. I needed a good laugh today. Mine is always getting shit off of EGAY!!!!!!!!!! KNUX!

20. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

If you need some inspiration, here's a really cool 1936 Plymouth.

[​IMG]

21. I have no idea.

22. Looks right to me!!!

23. Not yet and it's pissing me off. I'm talking through a friend and we're playing phone tag now. I passed a message to the owner that I'll take and I'm waiting to hear back from. Now I'll be bummed if I dragged my feet on it and it somehow falls through.

24. Nicholson

Nicholson

25. snortonnorton

snortonnorton
    from Florida

that's it, this is freaking bullshit, I'm leaving gold chainer florida for sure now, i'm freaking sick of seeing cool, old cars for sale for dirt cheap in every single state now except the east coast. even on ebay i see kick ass prices for old cars but it's always out west like montana or minnosota, etc. even Ohio has alot of old cars so better prices. I HATE FLORIDA

26. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

You've got 1100+ posts and two years on this board...you really have to ask that question? You question wheather you can find parts, if nothing else, just buy it put it in the for sale section for 1500 and double your money back and some dude will make it into something cool.

j.

27. Yeah I do. Most on this board are into Fords, as well as most of the talk. If I new what I was doing I would have bought the car and then posted a "Look what a sweet deal I found" post. Sorry, but I started life out as a '60's muscle car guy and don't know that much about the value and parts availablity of older cars like Plymouths and Dodges, etc. and needed to make sure I wasn't throwing a way what little money I have for my car hobby on a car that would be tough to finish.

28. leave it 500 is WAAAY too much ,by the way ,give me the adress i will tell the same to the seller , :)

29. its an easy chop and plenty room for a 392 too!

Attached Files:

30. I was wondering if you could squeeze a hemi in there, looking good.