Register now to get rid of these ads!

RPM act

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 1ton, Jun 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1ton

1ton

I absolutely love the fact that politics are not allowed here on The HAMB. One question I have. Can we discuss the RPM act? After all, it does affect us too.

wraymen likes this.
  2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Can it be discussed with out taking political sides or comments ?
    That is always the issue and question with your any subject that involves Washington DC.
    It's next to impossible not to have a political comment.

People can read it on Google if they are not aware.
    RPM ACT 2021

Not to be smug about it but......
    Half the country wants the government to stay out of their life.
    The other half wants the government to control it.

It's like 4th grade gym kickball 1-2-1-2-1-2 splitting up the class in half - your on this team - that group on that team.

As a Moderator I can tell you almost every time when a complaint/ report comes in from certain parts of the country , who is going to report it, about what other parts of the country are doing they don't agree with.

It's the damn-dest thing.

Tony Martino and Thor1 like this.
  3. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I completely disagree.......not sure why but it just seemed like the thing to do :D

4. 1ton

1ton

CCC You hit it on the nose. Any conversation involving Washington will always lead people taking up sides. Then it gets louder and more personal as everybody gets mad trying to voice one opinion over another. I digress.

Tony Martino and Thor1 like this.

5. At least car guys (and gals) should read about it, then decide whether or not to encourage/discourage their representative's support.

https://www.sema.org/epa-news

6. I have been bombarded with this on fb. And it is ALL political comments throwing shade back and forth with no discussion of it’s merits or lack thereof. It is solely designed to whip up anger. Similar to “they’re coming for your fucking guns” anger.

And if you think it could be discussed here without a political mention i refer you to post #2, even in an explanation it is political.

Thor1 and wraymen like this.
  7. IMHO, there is no need for discussion. Read it and decide for yourself, that’s how it’s done. SEMA does a wonderful job keeping you informed. Get involved, join them and use the link to reach out to your representatives. Easy-peasy.

Thor1, pprather and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. @1ton, discussed or not, it’s good that you brought it up! Hope it prompts people to get involved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.