Register now to get rid of these ads!

YES! There WILL be SPAM Drags 2021 at MoKan!

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by MoKanMan, May 6, 2021.

1. MoKanMan

MoKanMan
    from Joplin, MO

We found out about the HAMB when you did, so we are getting the details together, including working with the regular host hotel, LaQuinta in Joplin. KEEP YOUR RESERVATIONS!
    I'll get a flyer together and fine tune this deal, but here we go again! Untill we can have HAMB, there is SPAM!

racinchad, badvolvo, 8flat and 2 others like this.
  2. MoKanMan

MoKanMan
    from Joplin, MO

3. sunbeam

sunbeam

Do you know if the Springfield swapmeet is still on for the same weekend or is it moved to May?

4. organgrinder 1

organgrinder 1

got this one on our schedule this year man...me...schaefer...and zajac ! we're all 3 doing almost complete builds the last few weeks getting ready for the rocky mountain race week then planning on an epic rt 66 trip from at least joplin to the west coast! may start here or end up here but are planning on being here! thanks Carl!

5. ntfday

ntfday

The swap meet is Aug 20, 21 and 22

6. sunbeam

sunbeam

thanks

7. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LaQuinta said they have made a bunch of reservations for the Drags, but it is pretty quiet in here.

Who all is going to be looking at my taillights this year???

-Abone.

8. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Hey Carl maybe you need to do some Spam burgers for this event. HaHa
    Look forward to it. Had a good time last year.

MoKanMan likes this.
  9. I will be!!That new coupe looks bad ass and I can’t wait to see it, hope it’s coming this year! Its good to hear they have a good amount of reservations, last year was fun-aside from the psycho gal from the front desk…Something about pictures? Never mind, that was fun to watch also…I’ve been working on an O/T ride for a while now and I’m ready to get back on the 40 to get it ready for the drive to Springfield then Joplin. Our reservation is made, looking forward to seeing you and the St. Joe boys again

10. Atomic Kustom

Atomic Kustom

BUMP So are the SPAM Drags still on???

11. organgrinder 1

organgrinder 1

8 or 9 leaving from my shop on Thursday morning. Going up thru russellville cross under I-40 and on to oark, ar! Yap I said oark...lol. suppose to be an old general store there since early 1900s and is listed on Arkansas top 10 hamburger joints! So were headed there for lunch then drive an hour or so to the mulberry river and camp out. Then Friday morning head on in to Springfield to the swap meet! Spend the day there then head over to our hotel rooms at the boots court motel on old rt 66. If anyone is interested in driving up with us that would be great! Just let me know and we'll look for you. Gonna be a great week/weekend!

12. organgrinder 1

organgrinder 1

13. organgrinder 1

organgrinder 1

Seems odd not anything going on here...I guess. Is there gonna be an early morning donut meet up?

14. MoKanMan

MoKanMan
    from Joplin, MO

We are on GO for SPAM Drags! I'll keep an eye here, let me know if you have questions!

"Until we can have HAMB, there is SPAM!"

15. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm leaving from S Carolina at 5am tomorrow. Gonna hit Kansas City to visit my Mom, then hammer down to Joplin Friday afternoon. Save me a beer in the LaQuinta parking lot.

See ya, -Abone

16. Buddha Doll

Buddha Doll

Heading out Friday night after work. Meeting up with friends bringing a 55 Chevy and 30A sedan to race. Hope to see a good turnout

Primered Forever likes this.
  17. Kevin O'Connell

Kevin O'Connell

Hey Carl, what do I need to do to get Photographer credentials from you for the track?
    Also, can I bring my camper out there on spectator side?

18. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

From what I gather there is supposed to be a parking lot party at the laquinta/old Chicago pizza place i won’t be able to be there right off as I need to make a couple of passes and test and tune to prove the dragster but maybe I will come by afterwards hope there’s still a typical parking lot party

benchseat4speed likes this.
  19. organgrinder 1

organgrinder 1

Well...we made it to the motel finally! Been a long 2 days of jerkin that straight axle thru all the curves and switch backs on the pig trail! We've had a blast though...just wore out. Staying in Carthage at the boots court. Pretty cool place staying in the room Clark Gable stayed in on the way back from indy 500 just after the war. I'll get some cooler pics when all the neon comes on later...

Attached Files:

Junior Stock likes this.
  20. organgrinder 1

organgrinder 1

Hey CARL...was unpacking and noticed I didn't bring any long pants! Dont remember y'alls rules but I bet we cant race in shorts can we? Got my helmet but forgot my suit...

21. What a great weekend-Thanks to Carl and the rest of the MoKan crew for hosting us! Hope everyone makes it home safe! Until next year…✌

8balldave likes this.
  22. tony b900

tony b900

MoKanMan ,, really bummed i missed the SPAM drags ,, is the site selling any shirts ? i have tried to buy a new one every year and hoping they have something from this year still available ,, thank you