Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 Hillman Husky...yes I know....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1oldtimer, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Well found another Husky, this is the body style I originally wanted but couldn't find. It has no engine or trans, glass is good, very little body rust, just floors rusted and looks like little is missing. Most important thing is that it has a title. I spent more on the U Haul truck and trailer 1 day rental then I did to buy the car. It was in Dixon, Ca. (near Sacramento) 1000 mile round trip with L.A traffic. I tried to sleep a little before we left at midnight.....but who can sleep at 8pm (I can't)....so I was up for 42 hours :D. Funniest part was I brought parts to sell on the way back......so it wasn't a total money waste.
    Here's some pics from the ad:
    4.jpg
    6.jpg 11.jpg

Here's it coming home at the local gas stop in Dixon:
    64520884774__1513A610-BDF9-43EA-B269-85DBB041E5A7.JPG

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    abe lugo, enloe, swade41 and 14 others like this.
  2. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Those are really cool. What's the build plan?

I bet you might have almost been able to haul it in your bed!

AHotRod likes this.
  3. Jokester

Jokester

Love it. Be sure to leave the dead bugs on the rear window.

.bjb

AHotRod likes this.
  4. That thing is so Cool!
    Can't wait to see this build!!!

AHotRod likes this.

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Some years back a fellow HAMB'r had a Husky with either a 354 or 392 hemi in one.:eek:

SS327 and AHotRod like this.
  6. That looks like a good candidate for an Iron Duke! IMHO, a lot of guys stuff them full of built V 8s, etc, then they become un-street-able.
    I like the looks of that thing!!!
    Good score!

loudbang and AHotRod like this.
  7. AHotRod

AHotRod

I had bought one just like yours 32 years ago in excellent shape for $75. that I planned on building for my youngest Son Casey. I sold it before we all moved to Florida 21 years ago, I wish I still had it today.

I love Hillman Husky's and Morris Minors !

What's your plans for it?

mad mikey, loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. Nothing big, it's going to get the drivetrain setup I was going to put into the parts Series 1 Hillman.
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1958-59-hillman-husky-build.1109102/

Now, I'll sell the silver one and see what fits from the parts one.

Has some odd looking mounts in it, a mustang shifter and a hacked front pan (and crossmember). So far the missing parts are 1 side air deflector, the top piece that goes above the radiator and seals against the hood, gas pedal, whole wiper setup, 1 horn, horn button and the lower rear seat pad/pan (and a few more things I missed most likely).

crossmember-1.jpg
    trans crossmember-1.jpg interior-1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well you lucky bugger, I've been looking for something like that to put the 130 horse 4AGE out of the Prism GSI I had/still have in with the Celica 5 speed I have stashed away in.

1oldtimer, kidcampbell71 and AHotRod like this.
  10. Back from the DMV, it’s mine now. Sucky part is the black plates can’t stay, not on any paperwork I had. I guess I’ll sell them and go from there. Parts hunting time.....

11. bchctybob

bchctybob

That looks like a car that sat in a front yard near my Mom’s house here in Valley Springs for years. I turned HuskyV8 onto it but he said that the owner wouldn’t sell it. He was supposedly going to put a blown SBC in it. I noticed a while back that it disappeared. Can’t help but wonder if it’s the same car.
    Your silver one was pretty cool, is it drivable now?

12. The old title and registration I have says Valley Springs. The person I bought it from, bought it from him back in November last year. Looks like he title swapped it in 2014, I was going to see if he had any parts left for it as the guy I got it from didn't know anything about the car.

The Silver one is running, but needs brake work still. All the parts I have been collecting for it might be going into the '57. So it will be sold as a running car but not stopping (the trans does go into gear and moves but don't know about driving). I keep getting side tracked by my stupid brain and other cars.

bchctybob, kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  13. Anyone know if this is a badge or a larger pot metal door pull.
    interior part-1.jpg

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. Budget36

Budget36

Wow, @bchctybob , 350 or so miles isn’t that far away is it? lol

bchctybob and loudbang like this.
  15. In case you haven't seen this:

AHotRod, brading and loudbang like this.
  16. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

17. Thanks Scott. 1 step forward and 3 steps back......:D.

18. bchctybob

bchctybob

Your lucky that I’m such a procrastinator! I had my eye on it. If I had known that the car was buyable, I probably would have bought it back then! Ha, ha….
    A friend and I bought one back in the ‘60s and were about to install a SBC but it came up as stolen when we went to register it and we lost it to the LAPD. We lost our money but they didn’t charge us, they went after the guy who sold it to us.

1oldtimer and loudbang like this.
  19. sdluck

sdluck

20. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

SD
    Does that belong to the HAMB'r I mentioned in prior post?
    I seem to recall he was from Morgan Hill.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

22. sdluck

sdluck

Yep that's the guy

loudbang likes this.
  23. Had one of those back in the 80's. Bought it off an old guy who'd had his license yanked for some DUI's. Car was in great shape. Ran decent too. Must have been his baby when he was sober. Got it back to the shop and started cutting everything out and off till a setback 454/glide and extremely narrowed Dana 60 fit. Remember that 10" drive shaft was a bitch. Tube frame, single seat, center steer, dropped tube axle, coil overs, spindle mounts, no front brakes and called it good.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    41 GMC K-18, bobss396 and loudbang like this.
  24. brading

brading

25. v8flat44

v8flat44

Dare to be ...shucks, a 59A flatty with a small blower would sure be neat in there...just say'n.

26. Man that's a neat little car! Would make a wicked drag car!!

loudbang likes this.
  27. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I had a '57 Husky in high school. It ran well but had no reverse so I had to open the door and push it backwards with my foot. Turns out the pivot pin in the shifter handle was sheared but I didn't know 'til it was time for me to go off to college so I threw my Cushman scooter in the back, drove it to the import junk yard where they gave me $2 for it and I rode my scoot home.

I vote for a small four cylinder
    FTF's number one rule: "Never put a nine second motor in a twelve second chassis".

wfo guy and loudbang like this.
  28. loudbang likes this.
  29. spanners

spanners

What about a Buick V6? They use them in the early Commodores over here and with a factory blower they're fairly quick on the 'strip.

loudbang likes this.