Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods cleanup day!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olscrounger, Jun 16, 2021.

1. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Her 55 1st time out of the garage in quite a few months-very hot but they needed it and garage too IMG_3402.JPG IMG_3629.JPG -all cleaned up and ready for a cruise. Black 40 cleaned up too--now gotta start driving them! Forgot how nice the 55 is to drive! Pretty quick too-had it since 77

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

very Cool - where ya gonna go?

loudbang likes this.
  3. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

maybe hit a few shows finally-forgot about the one last weekend you took pictures of at El Tapiteo

4. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Both look great. Enjoy the drives.

John

5. Couple of great cars. Now, spend some time enjoying them..........Don.:)

Hamtown Al and loudbang like this.
  6. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Road trip to Michigan, I'll buy ya dinner! Gotta drive us there in that 40 tho!

loudbang likes this.
  7. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Both very nice cars!!

loudbang likes this.
  8. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

55 chevs and 40 ford coupes are bucket list cars for most people..... you got it made!!!

9. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thx all-55 is part of the family! Don't know what to do with it down the road-all the kids want it-they went on many road trips when it was our only car many years ago. Not ready to let it go yet. Neighbor though just sold his OT 68 Shelby GT 500 convert that he had 45 years!! I was shocked. He is 80 but still has his 57 Nomad. It is my wife's car and she said to give it to my friend.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

11. I have owned no less then eight 1940 fords but never a '55 Chevy, I've come close but the stars have never aligned. HRP

loudbang likes this.
  12. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Had many many 40's and a lot of trifives but this one has been with us many years and not leaving any time soon.

13. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

If you would like to adopt me just let me know :D

Very nice cars!

loudbang likes this.
  14. "Lookin' for some guy in a piss yella deuce coupe...thinks he's hot stuff..."

"...I ain't nobody dork..."

15. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

It don't get any better than that. Drive them tell you can't drive em anymore.

loudbang likes this.
  16. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

Love your 55 and the history behind it. Have drooled over your past pics of all your quality builds, partial to your new black 40 !!!! " Just my cup of tea""" wouldn't change a thing ! Enjoy them .

loudbang and olscrounger like this.
  17. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just playin with the 40--have a friend with a fresh 286" flathead--may go get it for this one.

18. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

You da man with those two.......keep havin’ fun with cars.:D

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool, go have fun and don't forget to share photos.

loudbang likes this.
  20. Have fun! Good talkin' to you this week. Sorry I had to rush off, just too busy. ;)

Finally got my "Bucket list" car. Never wanted a 55 chevy though. 56 Fairlane, now that's for me.
    188021000_10226404040194346_9190740379012948752_n.jpg

21. They look great, really nice pair of iconic cars

loudbang likes this.
  22. Seeing your black 40 and I was missing mine. 55 is my favorite year of the try-fives. Both are very nice - enjoy them!

23. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On Fathers day the kids came by--great day but the 55 came up in conversation. My wife's car but they all want it! Hard to split in half! Only solution is to sell it I guess at some point and then split the funds--not anytime soon-thats for sure! But at the point of divesting some things-sent em home with a few family things yesterday- Also let go of a Sharps "Old Reliable" mfg 1877 45/90 a while back. They panic when we do this cause they think something must be wrong with one of us and we are not telling them-told em no worries.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  24. Guy Patterson

Guy Patterson

Yup got 2 kids going to be fun when start doing stuff like that

loudbang likes this.
  25. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

Just think , what the 55 will be worth when you and the little lady are 101 , then add that and the rest of the stuff ! Split that between the kids the way you guys decide . So where's the 40 in the mix . Well to cause no bickering between family and friends when you and the little lady reach 101 , knowing I couldn't buy it outright I would like to lease it ! For a designated (by you) period of time !!! I won't change a thing and will return to you in the same condition !!! Of course I'm kidding but don't think those decisions will be so hard when they need to be made . Enjoy life, with and without the cars , you deserve it !! "God bless"

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  26. You may say “no worries” but do they believe us? My kids do not get any of the cars and my Grandson has a pick of one of them. The rest, parts, pieces, tools, everything, will all go to my friend’s son who is into the stuff and whom I have known since birth. My kids would just sell it to the highest bidder - $5? $10? They know nothing about them and could care less it seems ….. my son n has a wife who would not want them around and my daughter lives in NYC for the foreseeable future and has no place to put any of them even if she did want one.