Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects rebuilding after the crash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Sep 19, 2015.

1. The more humid the better. The nitro just hangs in the air. The burned nitro puts a cool yellowish green haze in the air. Im prepared i put 25 gallons of 100 percent in the trailer.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    OFT, Stogy, mad mikey and 12 others like this.
  2. It looks great,,,,,as usual .
    One thing is for sure,,,,it’s no Poser ,,,,it’s the real McCoy !
    And even better,,,,it’s a Mopar,,,with a Hemi !
    Top shelf for sure .

Tommy

mad mikey, Stogy, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  3. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Well, I'm going to keep my ears open, & eyes peeled, + my nose sniffin'. Rock On!. Hope to see you there.
    Any guess how long 25 gal of 100% will last idling? Have a feeling not too long... ;( .
    Marcus...

Stogy, loudbang and Nicholas Coe like this.
  4. spanners

spanners

If you need a laugh, look up 'Showing up the tuners' on YouTube. Says it all.

j hansen and Nicholas Coe like this.
  5. The tank only holds 7 gallons. I can turn it on and off to extend a fill up.

Stogy, mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  6. You are one hard working Hot Rodder Brian. Thanks for taking the time to keep us posted during the busy times. Respect!

racer-x, mad mikey, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  7. Im at the south east corner by the space needle. 20210618_064125.jpg

Tim, Stogy, enloe and 15 others like this.
  8. We moved to pete and jakes. We both run their axles. Jusr did a nitro fire up. 20210618_100251.jpg 20210618_100211.jpg

Tim, Runnin shine, Stogy and 10 others like this.
  9. 54stude

54stude

2708F74A-25B3-4D1F-AD3A-85115EE6EBF9.jpeg Nice talking to you, impressive to see this car in person and talk to a true drag racing enthusiast!

Tim, Stogy, loudbang and 6 others like this.
  10. Fantastic Brian. Long live the Drag Coupes!!:):)

Stogy, loudbang, saltflats and 3 others like this.
  11. Thanks to all that stopped by the car. There are way too many guys that stopped by to mention them all.

Stogy, loudbang, mad mikey and 3 others like this.
  12. After working a 12 hr shift i jumped on the car to switch it over to a race car. The race zoommies went on along with the diaper and trans blanket. The trailer got the water tank filled along with fresh towels and bedding. The truck and trailer were both washed. It never ends. Next up the out of site drags at union grove. Over 350 race cars are pre registered. This is going to be good. There will be a nitro cackle fest; car show and swap meet going on. Be there.

13. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

See ya there Brian

Stogy, racer-x, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  14. 54stude

54stude

Tim, ottoman, Stogy and 12 others like this.
  15. Jesus that gives me goosebumps to hear it run.

16. squirrel

squirrel

oh, it's a lot better in real life. And hearing it going down the strip is even more fun

17. Thanks for posting the video.

18. I can imagine Jim, I would love to hear it in person.

Stogy, mad mikey and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  19. Nice Brian. Pure Music to the ears.:)

Stogy, enloe, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  20. Great work.... Sounds healthy!

Stogy, loudbang, enloe and 1 other person like this.
  21. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

PXL_20210619_005307242.jpg

Hey Brian, it was awesome hanging around with you for the weekend at back to the 50s. My car was like the ugly chick walking the beach with a supermodel hoping some of the attention will rub off. :)

racer-x, wicarnut, Stogy and 8 others like this.
  22. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I know how you feel Joel I’m gonna be experiencing that this weekend lol

Stogy, Nicholas Coe, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  23. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

E971A879-C491-44E7-B15B-89FD0B58C8CE.jpeg
    A friend sent me a pic of this green monster in the pits this morning.
    Looks like he brought some bits to unload from the “look what followed me home” Chevelle build.

wicarnut, Nicholas Coe, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  24. Now that i have decided to put a cross ram on the 427 i brought a few manifolds to sell. One is a original factory unit the other one is a old tarantula. Both are perfect period pieces.

25. Many years ago there was a guy in my area with a ragtop 68-72 Vette with a 427. He street drove it, street raced it on occasion and also took it to the track (both with slicks on). Was at his house one day and he had a beautifully polished cross ram intake laying around. Asked about it and he had polished it by hand himself with the intent of running it on his car. Why was it just sitting there? He installed it and couldn't get it to run right or to say it better, he ran quicker with a single four. Off it came and there it sat. I have no idea who the manufacturer was or specifically which intake model. As I recall, he ran low elevens with the single four (which was quite quick for a street car in the mid eighties in my area). I should add, I have no idea what carbs he ran or how experienced he was running multiple carbs, just wanted to relay the experience of someone I once knew. I am not a fan of the look of side-by-side dual fours but absolutely love the race hemi, 302 Z28 true cross ram ...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  26. Look up the old threads on cross rams. Many guys were successful running them.

Stogy, Nicholas Coe and loudbang like this.
  27. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I’ll be running a M/T cross ram on my 32 pickup with a 408 Windsor and four speed. Its no Fuel Coupe but it has derived some inspiration from it.

28. I have had better days at the track. Lots of work to do to fix this mess. It happened on a burnout. My hunch is a head gasket got torched and hydrauliced number eight. The bearing isnt black and the rod bolts are not broken. Alot of water came out sith the oil. The water at the deck can get so hot it turns to steam. Steam can generate alot of pressure. I might have to start draining the block before a pass. On a good note the new four link setting delivered a 1.20 and a 1.180 sixty foot. Its getting there. 20210626_165722.jpg 20210626_194637.jpg 20210626_194653.jpg

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    OFT, enloe, wicarnut and 1 other person like this.
  29. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Oh crap, that sucks big time! Unfortunately that is the price you occasionally pay to go fast.

racer-x, OFT, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  30. Its not completely junk. Its very fixable. Usually the whole section with the oil pan rail is taken out. It looks like something got between the broken rod and the block. Then pushed it out. Its a perfect hole. The engine will be out tomorrow.