Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What are you bringing to the midway drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wrenchbender, Dec 13, 2020.

1. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Yes it was

Chrome don’t get ya home

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  2. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Oh there’s gonna be grudge racing for sure all I can say is Randall needs to find a way to lose about 5 seconds of et before his cobra is gonna even get close to the mighty mopar lmao Seriously what kind of et does your stude run I vaguely remember that is has a big inch olds or caddy motor in it correct?

Chrome don’t get ya home

3. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

.038 over 455 Buick, so far 10.18/132 has been it. Still learning this new converter. IMG_20201001_174631506~2.jpg

4. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

That thing sure hauls sounds like we are gonna have some good match races

Chrome don’t get ya home

5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Yes this picture was at the car show when Bud was still alive.

6. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

That's what I thought. Been a long time.

loudbang likes this.
  7. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Bud passed from cancer a few years back. I helped his widow sell his other race car and parts, was able to buy this car from her. When Bud moved to Boonville back in 2001 he found my shop in Columbia and commissioned me to bend all the tubing for this car.

8. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

James you got that thing running yet lol

Chrome don’t get ya home

9. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

It looks like that Stude don't care if you got a Hemi or not, were going to find out if your paint preparation was done in a hurry LOL. call it patina ;)

Pictures and video please,

10. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Just dropped off the rotating assembly for balancing. Still a ways to go.

11. Man this looks like a super cool event. Killer line-up, from what I can see
    Wish I could break away and attend
    Anyone that wants to warm up in late October can come to Orlando for the 5th annual Florida Dragstrip Riot, October 30th at Orlando Speedworld

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

12. ET

ET
    from MO

Looking forward to it. 905434_457904994284962_1396559204_o.jpg

Tater Bug, enloe, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  13. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

If you haven’t decided to come to the midway drags at mid-America dragway in ark city Kansas on June 12 you need to there is gonna be a bunch of real good quality cars there here is a video of some of the cars entered and yes there is still time to get a registration sent in

Tater Bug, saltflats and loudbang like this.
  14. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Well folks the midway drags was a great time and for those of you who missed out or wasn’t able to attend there will be a 2022 midway drags so start getting your self ready for next year lol. For the first ever event we had a great time and had some real awesome very quality cars in attendance here is a link to pictures that crab took at the event if you don’t follow him you should he is everywhere and always has a camera taking pics he isn’t a pro photographer but he tells the story though his lens
    http://www.crablogic.com/Images/Drag Racing/Midway Drags 2021/midway2021.html

15. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I like the shitter's in the background of your pose :D

wrenchbender, Roothawg and loudbang like this.
  16. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

James that was no pose I had no idea crab even took that pic lol

saltflats and loudbang like this.
  17. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

Couldn't make it for the race. My wife's recovery from china-virus is not where we were hoping it to be. 5 months now and she is still on o2. Went to Bowling Green with my Buick buddies back in may, (my birthday present from her) and she missed out on all the wheelie craziness. (Car has never pulled the wheels more than 9" for 24 years. Amazing what a converter will do.) Swore I wouldn't not have her with me at a race away ever again. Please hang in there with me, I get a kick out of going 24806~2.jpeg racing in new places. That's why I sign up for these races up the country. Signed up for Meltdown 4 or 5 times, something came up everytime. I work at a refinery, strange hours and schedules, that's what usually knocks me out of these get togethers. But I keep trying. Looks like y'all had a fun time. Maybe next year.

18. Tater Bug

Tater Bug

hey Stude my friend... We will be praying for your wife! We definitely missed you but you will definitely have a chance next year!
    We will be releasing the official date and registration info soon! Make sure you follow THE HotRod Sanctuary on social media.

loudbang likes this.