Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bandimere Swap Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lake_harley, Jun 4, 2021.

1. lake_harley

lake_harley

I'm almost certain I saw mention here on the HAMB of a swap meet at Bandimere drag strip in Colorado on June 12. Did a search here and didn't find the thread I thought I had seen, but did find info on Bandimere's website about a swap meet. My question is whether it's a swap meet worth attending? I'll be visiting family in Parker CO that weekend and might try to attend if it has a history of being worthwhile. I know a "good" swap meet is all in the eyes of the beholder, but FWIW I'm gathering parts for a mild, 60's style FED and would be looking for parts appropriate for it.

Thanks for any feedback.

Lynn

2. '51 Norm

'51 Norm
    from colorado

I don't know about the Bandimere swap meet but the tri state swap meet in Denver is the same weekend, June 12 & 13.

j3harleys and e1956v like this.
  3. Daddy_O

Daddy_O

Bandimere swap meet was May 1st. As @'51 Norm said, the Sabers car club Tri State swap meet is June 12th & 13th at the National Western complex. Usually held in February but Covid moved it to June. It's big and it's indoors.

loudbang and j3harleys like this.
  4. dartracer

dartracer

/\ what he said, been selling at it for years, upper floor, back wall. You never know what you will find.

5. 37dodge

37dodge

The Tri-State swap meet is definitely one to go to. Never had a bad time there.

6. lake_harley

lake_harley

Tri-State swap meet sounds interesting. Lots of HAMB friendly and drag racing type things there? I know that's a difficult question to answer, but I don't want to go to the swap meet and waste visiting time with family on a relatively short time in CO if it's not a really good swap meet.

Main things I'd be looking for is a pair of 15" X 8" or 8.5" aluminum slot or 5-spoke wheels, a few SBC engine parts (distributor or magneto, electric water pump), fuel tank, small dragster-appropriate radiator, etc..

Lynn

7. bchctybob

bchctybob

Years back, while in Denver on business I got to go to the swap meet at Bandimere. It was great. I forgot where I was and bought a bunch of greasy old stuff. I had to carry-on a couple big bags of valve covers and other stinky car parts. Thankfully, the United Airlines flight attendants were understanding very helpful. One set of Edelbrock valve covers I bought there is on my coupe today and a nice set of Cal Custom covers is hanging in the shop. I also bought some flattop Mallory distributors. Everything smelled like old engine sludge. There was lots of good stuff and some great deals.

e1956v likes this.
  8. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

This years swap at bandimere was a busy one. Many sellers & a lot of buyers. Something for everyone. the Tri-State swap at the national westers will be very busy too. A year without any swaps will bring out many sellers & buyers.

9. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Cant wait to go. Headn out Friday from South Dakota. Just want to let people know to keep there money in there pockets until I get everything I need!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    Budget36 likes this.
  10. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Hey guys if you have a HAMB shirt wear it so we know who to initiate the secret hand shake with. Hope it’s a great turnout at the ol cow palace see ya there.

j3harleys likes this.
  11. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

It’s a good one I don’t think you’ll be disappointed, just call it a sanity break.

j3harleys and lake_harley like this.
  12. lake_harley

lake_harley

I'll try to remember to pack my HAMB Drags T shirt.

Lynn

13. j3harleys

j3harleys

And it's well worth it.

e1956v likes this.
  14. lake_harley

lake_harley

Now I'll just hope my Niece (who I'll be visiting) doesn't have big plans already for us next Saturday!

Lynn

j3harleys likes this.
  15. j3harleys

j3harleys

Have someone drop you off and pick you up it will be alot easier than parking. It's pretty much an all day deal so wear your walking shoes.

16. dartracer

dartracer

Not a good swap meet at all. More than 220 venders were a no show, place was a ghost town. I any off the venders there could think of was other things going on.

17. '51 Norm

'51 Norm
    from colorado

With so few people there it was at least easy to get a good parking spot.

18. lake_harley

lake_harley

I was visiting in Denver so decided to take in the swap meet. I had expected it to be a little bit bigger but wasn't disappointed at all. Since I was looking for something so specific, the set of aluminum slots, we walked through pretty quickly and we left after about two or two and a half hours.

Lynn

19. ray

ray
    from colorado

seemed like about 50% vendors showed up, and maybe 30-40% of buyers? also many sellers showed up but brought a fraction of what they normally bring.

heard some say that people they knew were doing other non car related activities. hard to say how much of the decreased attendance was due to the date change, vs. covid related concerns. i expected a relatively decent turnout considering the demographic and no mean ol big brother telling you to stay home.

20. dartracer

dartracer

I talked to some venders, many didn’t find out about it until two weeks ago. I never heard anything about it on the radio ether. Sold just enough to pay for my spot and gas.

21. dartracer

dartracer

Normally the place is packed to the walls, and selling spots in the overflow area. No way to walk in two hours.

22. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Sorry I over hyped it, I guess if they ever thought about moving it to a summer date from February they’ll know not to do it now. Been going for close to 30 years and this was the absolute worst.

23. lake_harley

lake_harley

Actually. I did enjoy the meet. I appreciated that it was compact and didn't seem to have so much yard or garage sale......um......stuff. Also, since it's inside it wasn't spread out with people buying a space to have an operating base inside the swap which just stretches out the walking between actual vendors.

I'll definitely go back if our schedule hits the right time again when we're visiting family in the Denver area.

Lynn

24. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

guess that there a spell cast so that no one took any pics to post

25. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

We just got back from the swap. I was disappointed on turnout but I was also very happy to get out to a car event for the first time in a year and a half. My son Brooks had a list of things to look for for his 63 Rambler project, we Found all but one or two things. And on top of that we got super deals. One vendor asked Brooks what he was working on after Brooks told him he dropped the price $15. I thought that was kool to help a 19 year old keep his project rolling.

Greenblade and j3harleys like this.
  26. Daddy_O

Daddy_O

COY'S BANDIMERE SWAP MEET
    BANDIMERE SPEEDWAY, MORRISON COLORODO
    SATURDAY, AUGUST 21, 2021

SCHEDULE
    • Seller Gates Open 6:00 am
    • Buyer Gates Open 6:30 am
    • Team Spencer Jr. Drags 8:30 am
    • Event Concludes 3:00 pm
    ADMISSION