Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My 31' Coupe... Done.. Fast forward right to the end...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by telecaster_6, Jun 12, 2021.

1. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

Been working on this for the past couple years. I'm not one for posting build threads and updating the world at every nut i turn, so here is the final product.

31 coupe body, built from about 5 donor cars. Brookville 31 roadster quarters. 5" chop, 2" raised header panel and windshield frame. Visor has been rolled back and brought into the body 1". All round tubing inner structure/cage that integrates into the more 32' style roof opening with a removeable aluminum louvered roof insert panel that attaches via dzus fasteners (not installed in the video sorry). 32' chassis, with a punched 34' crossmember system i built. 4" chassis eng. dropped axle, with 40' wishbones i drilled and sleeved. Full aluminum dimple die punched interior with custom aluminum bench bomber seat I made. 351c built by Jimmy Huff from the SEGA. Dual 750 dp's, 284/296 solid roller, .718'/704 lift. CC heads, studded 4 bolt main with H-Beams and forged flattops (10.7:1). Scattershield, chromoly flywheel, ram super HD clutch, TKO-500 to a magnesium full floater quick change with a detroit locker and 4:56's. Rebel sprint wheels with a special coating treatment, and drag radials out back. 4 wheel discs with nascar swing pedal assembly. Fully nascar 6600 MSD system. 2" primary headers to 3" under-car, fully polished stainless exhaust. All fab, assembly, etc. work done by me in my barn here in michigan.. Motor should make an honest 580 hp.

2. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

3. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

4. Outstanding!.....Completely 100% Bad-Ass.

5. swifty

swifty

Congratulations, beautiful workmanship.

loudbang and kadillackid like this.
  6. catdad49

catdad49

Wow, Righteous Ride!

loudbang, kadillackid and Dino 64 like this.
  7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Man that’s a lot to take in! I’ll be going over those construction shots for a while! Really enjoy seeing the metal structures you built inside to support everything and kinda cage the car. Really cool stuff!

kadillackid and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. chopped

chopped

They do it right in Dorr.

kadillackid and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Is the running video not working for anyone else? The walk around is great but I know that’s gotta sound snarly!

kadillackid likes this.
  10. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

Seems to be a bit finicky.. try this link:

11. AHotRod

AHotRod

Now THAT is a Hot Rod !!! ..... and Jimmy Huff Horsepower too. You my friend hit the nail-on-the-head. I love your Dzus in roof ... my God it's going to be a handful with all that horsepower....
    I love it ! Excellent attention to details, craftsmanship and vision ... your passion shows very well.
    Great job!
    Glenn

12. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That thing is gonna be fun as hell with the 5 gear and the quickie.

Nice work, -Abone.

13. Some fine craftsmanship there Telecaster_6

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Past few years well spent. Bravo!

15. That is a really great ride,,,,,,awesome engine as well .
    What a novel concept,,,,,a Ford in a Ford .
    I wish you had more details on the engine build ,,,,that is a cool engine there .
    Great video too,,,,,really sounds powerful,,,,,beautiful workmanship too .

Tommy

loudbang likes this.
  16. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

How much detail do you want..lol?
    Its a studded 4 bolt main block, full oiling mods, with restrictors. H-beam rods, forged JE flat tops, Closed chamber 4v heads with new stainless valve, converted to screw in studs with scorpion 1.73 rockers. 10.7:1 compression ratio. Custom solid roller (254/[email protected]”) .714”/704” lift on a 108 centerline. Early offy (1989 version i believe, so smaller port volume to help on the street) tunnel ram with dual holley 750 dp’s. Stainless 2" primary headers i made, to 3.5" colletors. MSD distributor and nascar spec msd 6600 system. Chromoly (16 lbs) flywheel.

17. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nicely done! A Ford in a Ford again! I love it!

loudbang likes this.
  18. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

Some chassis build pics. Picked up the rails from a buddy pre pinched, partially boxed, with a front crossmember in place. I drew the rest up in cad and had the pieces laser cut, formed, and i dimple died them and formed them to the shapes i wanted, then tig welded it all into place. I also took some cheapo stainless shock mounts and made them functional (not wanting to rip themselves out of the framerails anymore) with some stainless tid-bits, and made a drilled spreader bar out of stainless that fits flush in the rails as well. GXUF9335.JPG IMG_1639.JPG IMG_1640.JPG IMG_1642.JPG IMG_1643.JPG IMG_1647.JPG IMG_1668.JPG IMG_1710.JPG
    IMG_3849.JPG GXUF9335.JPG

19. Very stout looking build and it certainly sounds stout in the drivetrain department. Dry hop that johnson over to a track and let’s see the time slip. Well done telecaster, Hard Core.

20. loudbang

loudbang

WHAT A BEAUTY. That checks all the right boxes for me. Black, Ford powered, Detroit locker, Drag Racing influenced.

Are those drag radials marked as DOT approved? Most states say at least two CONTINUOUS groves.

21. brady1929

brady1929

22. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

Nope.. We must have the most lenient cops around here cause I’ve never been hassled for anything. I run the same tires on my 32’ sedan, with open headers all the time, never even get a second glance from the police.

loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  23. Quality throughout..nicely done!

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  24. dartracer

dartracer

Car looks and sound great.