Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 2 door 150 handyman

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 17, 2019.

1. unfinished

unfinished

Thank you sir. But seriously Mrs. Stones stitching looks great Lloyd!!

2. Thank you sir, she's getting there. Just glad somebody is picking up the torch! One back done 20210610_113205.jpg

3. How’s the house going?:D

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  4. Phil P

Phil P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome t shirt, if you're really going to get into the on line t shirt business I'd be interested in one, but it probably won't be worth your while as a one off.

Phil

5. Budget36

Budget36

She’s doing some fine work.

6. Well, with the price of lumber 3 times higher than it was a little over a year ago, it's at the same place it was a year ago :D I'm not stupid enough to pay $7 for the same 2X4 that was $2.09 last year, it'll sit there and wait.

Stogy, 427 sleeper and scotty t like this.
  7. No she got 100 made i believe. Not sure what it'll cost to ship up there. I'll check if you want me to?

Stogy likes this.
  8. She cleans also ;) then she rides that broom back to the house :D plus we fly the SEGA flag here at Wicked Stitch Upholstery :cool: 20210610_172138.jpg

9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^ That'll leave a scare.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  10. Well that's enough upholstery work on a car that has no brakes! Think I'll take sweet ass for some ice cream, then come back and bleed them. I put a new master cylinder on it, so we'll see if that was it.

Stogy, 61Cruiser and 427 sleeper like this.
  11. That logo made a good looking sticker also :cool: 20210610_175251.jpg

guthriesmith, alanp561, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  12. Good news gentlemen, i have brakes again. ;) you know that rod that goes from the brake pedal to the master cylinder? Would you believe it has a jam nut on it? :rolleyes: wasn't able to fully "stroke" the master cylinder. Ran it back out, about an 1/8" of freeplay, started over bleeding again, and voila, brakes. Thank you so much, be sure to tip the waitress :D

13. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^ Lol. Like setting a spray gun correctly to draw in paint.

14. Just happy to mark that off of the list :D trans cooler tmrw, and she's gonna work on the seat bottom. Gotta switch some tires and I'll call it ready for Bowling Green :cool:

15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

16. Phil P

Phil P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sure, you might just be able to put it in the mail.
    Thanks
    Phil

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    Lloyd's paint & glass and Stogy like this.
  17. What's the address?

Stogy likes this.
  18. patterg2003

patterg2003

Brett Chrismer sent me a pair of Midwest Forty shirts from Springfield MO to me in NW Ontario Canada in a USPS flat rate envelope. The cost was $27. The USPS is the cheapest rate to Canada for the receipient. A person can go to the USPS site and get a price to ship US zip code to a Canadian Postal code for a flat rate envelope. Shirts arrived perfect and make me smile every time I look at them.

19. Transmission cooler, check. 20210611_124941.jpg

Stogy, guthriesmith, scotty t and 2 others like this.
  20. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

21. She's so (sew) 20210611_201749.jpg 20210611_201815.jpg fine my 4-0..... oh wait a minute :D

22. No time for a proper headliner, so.... 20210611_202302.jpg

61Cruiser, Stogy, chevy57dude and 8 others like this.
  23. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Groovy man! Like trippin' Dude!:p:D:p:D:p:D:cool:

24. Squablow

Squablow

How is your temporary headliner fitted into place? I have nothing in my '57 and that looks better than nothing by far.

25. I’m liking the white interior, but maybe you should think about some type of “interesting” headliner. That could be neat. Kick ass wood wheel!

26. First, order the HUGE Mexican blanket from Amazon, think it was about $25. Lay it out lengthwise and mark center. Pull the garnish moldings, find center and mark it on the front brace, center brace, and rear brace, in the wagon there was 4. Get a couple of spray cans of headliner adhesive, i use sprayway 92. Spray the front brace, and about 4" of the front of the blanket (headliner) stick the center, then pull to the side and rub it down, repeat on the other side. Then repeat as you move rearward. Then stick the sides, and tuck in the door areas, install the garnish, and you're done :D I'll put a perforated white headliner in it eventually, or the next owner can, but for now this will keep the heat at bay next week ;)

Stogy likes this.
  27. Thanks man! My ol buddy gave me that wheel, he's a dickhead, but i like him :D

hotrodjack33, Stogy and scotty t like this.
  28. Brakes are good, trans cooler is done, seat will be done tmrw, gonna cover the transmission tunnel with pleated white vinyl and black carpet on the sides, then add some lead substitute to the gas tank, and I'm ready to hit the highway!

29. 20210612_144415.jpg Good enough, i hate rushing things that I'm not sure about. But good enough i reckon. Still have to put all of the trim on it, but I've gotta paint it first. Gives me something to do tmrw. Gotta play music tonight about an hour away, so it's closing time ;) before you judge, this is her 2nd full seat. :D