Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Kustom From Outer Space..France calling.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ratatouille, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Hello Guys, it's been a while.........

Well, i don't know how to start this post.....in January, the 4th, i was working on my cars, and suddenly, something wrong in my belly, i was admit in vital urgency, gastrointestinal bleeding, peritonitis, water in lung....i almost died. It was a terrible period, 3 weeks in hospital, 4 days in intensive care, 17 morphine injections....and Hartmann intervention (they cut my belly about half my body, cut my colon intestine gut, and ostomy pouch on my belly....). That was very very bad bad 3 months, no food, a lot of bed, sleeping.......
    Last 3 weeks, i was in hospital again, to open me again (are they want to kill me?), to try to sew my gut to my rectum and back to normality (a kind of....). It's a success, but it's hard to be cut again, that's hurt.....well......bad days, but i'm almost ok, my body is like an old man 85 years.....

About 3 days, i'm back from the dead, and i deceided to create a Youtube channel, if you want to subscribe and see me again (little tired, and thin, but in 2 weeks, i can eat better food, maybe a burger, my dream!!!!), that's help me to be strong again.

There is a lot of changement about my cars, Fregate news soon.

Take care, life is short.......;)

All my videos will be in double language for you guys ;-), 1 for week.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    Outback, Cosmo49, Stogy and 13 others like this.
  2. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Sorry to hear of your health issues Rat. Try to stay positive, we have missed you on the HAMB. Good job on the channel and the door handle swap. I will subscribe. Cool ZZ Top keychain. Do you still have your other car? All of the best to you. Your English is just fine unlike my French which is nonexistent.

Stogy, Surfcityrocker and Ratatouille like this.
  3. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Thanks e1956v for your great message and support, yes, you gonna have news about all my car, here for the Fregate and on the channel for the rest (a lot of fun, cool hot rod, technic, pinball machine, vintage arcade and juke box, life on french riviera with travel, great places, music, culture......and the girl!!!!!), your message warms my heart, thanks for that.:)

4. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yikes! Sorry to hear about your medical troubles and glad you are still with us! Looking forward to seeing more of your cool custom work.

Stogy and Ratatouille like this.
  5. ken bogren

ken bogren

Good to see you again Rat! Health issues are no fun, but hang in there!
    The video was cool, thanks for sharing.

6. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Is this the famous mail (postal) girl?

Stogy, 35cab and Ratatouille like this.
  7. Wow! I am so glad to hear you are on the road to recovery! Hang in there. I’ll have to subscribe to your YouTube channel as well.

8. Glad you're getting better. Good luck. I´ll check out the youtube channel.

9. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

That sounds really unpleasant. Hope they got all of whatever it was that attacked you and you’re on the mend now.

10. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Your health, hot rods, and the girl. The things that matter. Glad youre up and about. cant wait to see the progress on lowrange

11. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Thanks guys for your great comment and support, an also who have subscribe to my Youtube channel, next video, saturday.
    About Lowrange, the story continue but with many changes. In fact, one day, a beautifull girl (20 years.....) drive in my street and star to talk to me that she love hot rod, old vintage car, she love mechanics, repair, the kind of girl very rare. And of course, she fall in love with the Fregate. I don't know why, but it's a question of feeling, and i decide to give her the car only if she can continue and finish all the work with my help, a kind of mentor.....i know, i'm crazy, but this girl rocks, she want to drive the Fregate for her birthday (end of July). So between my operation and surgery, all wenesday i go to her garage to ask if she's right or wrong with her choise, she's young, but she's ok. The car ride every day about 3 months, and allways in progress. New paint is comming (orange of course...). This is the begining of the story.
    When i was on my feet in March, i ask her to come with a trailer, and take the car, this is my first drive after my surgery, a lot of difficlty for me to push on the clutch pedal, and mechanical gearbox, my belly hurt me......a short video about this moment......

https://streamable.com/peqgrt

Outback, Stogy, Squablow and 6 others like this.
  12. j hansen

j hansen

Your health problems do not sound good,hope you are back to a normal life soon.The Fregate still looks great and sounds great.If you gave the car to her for free, then you are a better man than me.
    If you have a photo of her,,then maybe I can understand better:D

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    Outback, 40two and Ratatouille like this.
  13. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

:):), no , no, i have allready my girl, you know J Hansen, i have kiss the death twice in my bad 2021 experience, i'm only 54 years, and when i see young people interest about hot rod, in France, i want to believe that all that society is not born dead for futur generation. It's just to transmit what i have done and not finish to someone (her name is Alexandra), that don't wanna sell the car to make money without soul and passion. The Fregate is in good compagnie with other cars, and that girl is a real cool car girl with a good soul.
    I'm a no money man, i don't care about be rich or poor, just be happy, and when i was in deep, that's makes me happy to know that Lowrange must be finish by a 20 years girl.......cool story isn't it? For me absolutly.
    By the way, the Fregate is park less than 10 miles from my home......in a garage!

Cosmo49, Stogy, pitman and 17 others like this.
  14. Your a good man.

outagas1961, Cosmo49, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  15. jeepster

jeepster
    from wisconsin

Have always admired your skills and craftsmanship, but now admire your humanity and spirit even more.

Outback, outagas1961, Cosmo49 and 5 others like this.
  16. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

You are What we call 'The Real Deal' Fantastic. I hope she will share with us.

Outback, outagas1961, Cosmo49 and 5 others like this.
  17. Hi Rata, all the best and I hope you are back to your old power soon. I missed your Fregate updates. I see that you have not lost your humour. Greetings from Austria.

Stogy, Ratatouille and e1956v like this.
  18. Squablow

Squablow

Sounds like you've been cut up more than your cars. But it's a great story to tell. Maybe Alexandra would join the HAMB and post about her build progress, we'd all love to read it. This place needs more young builders to "carry the torch" as well.

Outback, outagas1961, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  19. RodStRace

RodStRace

Wow, what a gut punch, so to speak about your health. Best wishes for a full recovery and continuing your passions.
    If at all possible, please have the new owner post here and keep updating this thread on the Fregate's progress. Even a google translated post from French to English will work for us who want to follow the journey. Heck, even just posts in French will work, we can get a translation from a member or Google ourselves. As you know, the members here are very welcoming to anyone who has similar interests, no matter what language.

Outback, Stogy, kidcampbell71 and 3 others like this.
  20. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Thanks for your messages, Friday, i gonna check Lowrange and help Alexandra, maybe she will be on the Hamb, if she want. I will take somes pictures of the Fregate.

And for relax, a new video from my 1940 Chevy coupe.

21. Hi Rat,

your Chevy is beautiful. I remember that you wrote that you have bought a pickup? So now you gave away the fregate and the buggy and got that Chevy instead?

You look good in your video, not like someone who has just jumped off the death's shovel (as we say in Austria).

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  22. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Yes, i still own my pickup, it's not a Chevy, it's a 1953 GMC, i worked on it in January, and then......it is waiting.....about my videos, the last one has been film and mount this afternoon. The problem is that i cannot contain my poo....and all hours, i must go to toilet.....it was difficult to shoot the video in one hour, but like my determination to build my Fregate, my mental is strong like a warrior to be normal again, day by day. My belly hurt a lot, but i want to put somes videos on Youtube, that's help me to regain health.

Under my T-shirt today......;)
    ventre.jpg

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  23. That scar looks crazy..... but my dad always said "Scars make you more interesting for women." I have a really big one on my head.

24. Hey Rat, Good to see stuff from you again! It's great to hear the Fregate sounds like it is going to a worthy owner!
    That coupe is a killer, it must really get people scratching their heads over there, wondering what planet you just beamed down from! I nearly kissed my arse goodbye a few years ago, but got through it by a combination of little jobs I could handle, help from family & friends, and some aimless cruising in my cars.
    You could always turn those scars into some creative tatttoos!
    Bonne chance, de Australie!..

25. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

You right, i've got scar now, i'm officially a real "bad boy";). Thanks for your great messages:)

Stogy, Peanut 1959, OahuEli and 2 others like this.
  26. Goodness!! Just now logging in to see all this. So sorry to hear about all the health issues but am so glad to hear you are on the mend and doing better!! All that trouble yet still a great sense of humor!! So good to have you back!!!

Outback, Stogy, pitman and 3 others like this.
  27. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Sorry, Alexandra was not there at my last visit (i wanted to make a video...so fail), so it will be for next time to show you the Fregate in progress....So I had to improvise another video, why not on my GMC that you have never seen ...

Outback, Cosmo49, Stogy and 9 others like this.
  28. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Hello Guys, some news about Lowrange, yesterday, i have film Alexandra and the Fregate. Next week i will post the video on my youtube channel ;-).
    I recovery my health:), if you missed my last video, have fun ;-)

Outback, Stogy, brEad and 3 others like this.
  29. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Can you post here as well? Some of us are not on Youtube. Thanks.

Stogy likes this.
  30. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Sorry, i can't post video on this forum, check Lowrange on my Youtube channel.
    Work in progress......